Red Paint?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tel123

Thought I would look into getting some touch up paint.... And then not!! ^_^. Went onto the Brompton site, there paint codes seemingly on ly go up to 2015! My bike is a 2004 model. Appreciate ye help!! Tc

roley poley

Über Member
go to (cough ..eek) Halfords, fold the bike up , take it in to where the paints are and compare before your eyes the selection they have held next to your bike ??:okay:

OP
OP
T

tel123

That simple! Thought it would have been more technical than that:laugh:. Sods law. The Halford near me (Cromer, Norfolk) is not reopening after the shutdown!!!! Will have to find another one!!!!!! 🤔 🤔

roley poley

Über Member
That's what I did ,mine's a British racing green colour,easy and common, there are many different shades/tones out there hope you find a match

Tenkaykev

Guru
I've used the " Live Chat" facility on the Brompton website in the past. Very helpful and gave me the RAL paint codes for my 2015 orange and 2019 Red / black.

OP
OP
T

tel123

On the website you can get the codes up to 2015 but nothing earlier.... Unfortunately!!!

Kell

Veteran
On the website you can get the codes up to 2015 but nothing earlier.... Unfortunately!!!

I think @Tenkaykev was talking about using the chat function to speak to someone - or email them.

It's sometimes surprising the level of care you get from companies. I've got a Lezyne bike computer which attaches to a mount and the attachment broke.

I tried calling the shop where I bought it and they were massively unhelpful without a receipt. Which is understandable in many ways, but it was a gift, so I didn't have the receipt.

So I did some digging online, contact Lezyne and they didn't really help. So then I did more digging and found the UK importer. Sent them an email and someone in their HR department asked me to send it in and they'd replace it. Total cost? Return postage and three packets of biscuits for the boys in the workshop.

Total kudos to them.

ETA: here's the email.

Hello Kell,

Thank you for your reply.

OK, I see what your dilemma is.

How about this?

You can send it back to us and we’ll have a look at this and see if we can repair. At this stage I cannot guarantee we can fix it, but rather than you buy another one until we’ve had a look, it’s worth a try. We will not charge for this service.

The return shipping for the item would be £5.00 inc VAT via next day courier, however if you include some biscuits for the workshop they will send back FOC.

If this works for you, then fill out the attached form, mark FAO Martin, and send back to the address in the footer 😊

Kind Regards

Rupert

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
I think @Tenkaykev was talking about using the chat function to speak to someone - or email them.

It's sometimes surprising the level of care you get from companies. I've got a Lezyne bike computer which attaches to a mount and the attachment broke.

I tried calling the shop where I bought it and they were massively unhelpful without a receipt. Which is understandable in many ways, but it was a gift, so I didn't have the receipt.

So I did some digging online, contact Lezyne and they didn't really help. So then I did more digging and found the UK importer. Sent them an email and someone in their HR department asked me to send it in and they'd replace it. Total cost? Return postage and three packets of biscuits for the boys in the workshop.

Total kudos to them.

ETA: here's the email.

Yes it was the live online chat facility.
I explained that I'd scratched the paint and asked about the options. The guy told me they'd stopped the paint touch up pots due to the cost of carriage for what was classed as a hazardous product. He then said " hang on and I'll find out the RAL number for you" which he did.
Great service 👍

Gunk

Guru
Or just leave it, personally I prefer all the scratches and chips rather than trying to touching it up, the patina is all about the life the bike has led, my 1995 Brompton wears its battle scars with pride!

Top Bottom