Red raw bum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
For the past few weeks I have been riding in jogging bottoms (fabric not fleece) with no padding and have been very comfortable. Today however as it was raining I thought I would wear padded tights as they dry in minutes when cycling and they get wet. Ten miles in my backside started hurting and just got worse. I tried readjusting my tights but nothing helped. When I eventually got home and stepped into the shower it was like torture, a thousand red hot pokers around my jacksie. Eventually, when I had dried off properly I had to get my wife to talc the sore areas so I could walk. It took half hour as we couldn't stop laughing. She did say the skin was very red in places so was a toss up between talk or cream. I will have to see how it is tomorrow, but I am going back to my joggers. I would just add that I have full mudguards and my saddle was dry so don't know what caused it.

tadpole

Have you upset your wife recently or forgotten her birthday? if so I'd guess chilli pepper in the padding.

Shaun

Founder
Perhaps the pad itself made the difference and rubbed at certain points making them sore. Did you use any cream on your derriere or nether regions before climbing in to your tights?

Give some cream a go and see if it makes a difference - just to lubricate the pad/skin contact area. :thumbsup:

Lanzecki

Über Member
if it doesn't get better get some bepanthen ointment from the chemist.

It's for nappy rash.... Best not tell them it's for you though :smile:

Works a treat on the son and heir's arse.

snorri

Legendary Member
This thread is incomplete without pic... :eek:NO, what am I saying?

MarkF

Guru
Surely an able bodied man can manage to get talc to his bot without the help of another person? It's not like you're trying to locate a vein, it's reasonably large area, well mine is..............there have been things left unsaid here............I am sure

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
Surely an able bodied man can manage to get talc to his bot without the help of another person?

Riding a bike doesn't make me able bodied, seriously. I have several fused vertebrae which makes twisting and bending difficult plus arthritis in my shoulders. If I was alone I would manage somehow, but I'm not so why struggle.

MarkF

Guru
Riding a bike doesn't make me able bodied, seriously. I have several fused vertebrae which makes twisting and bending difficult plus arthritis in my shoulders. If I was alone I would manage somehow, but I'm not so why struggle.

I apologise Compo, I didn't know that, I thought you might have viewed the injury as an "opportunity". ^_^ I hope your bot is better today.

if it doesn't get better get some bepanthen ointment from the chemist.

It's for nappy rash.... Best not tell them it's for you though :smile:

Works a treat on the son and heir's arse.

Slightly OT...

Being light skinned and of an age where one's hair is no longer as abundant as it used to be, I use children's sun lotion as it has a higher protection and lasts longer

Bought some in Wales last year, and paid for it t the Pharmacy counter... As they always do the pharmacist had to ask question. Have you used it before etc.

However when she asked how old the child was she did not expect "55" as an answer

Cycling and running have different movement, and clothing does not always transfer

The padding is designed for the limited movement of cycling, and on a seat that "fixes" the pad in position when seated

When running the pad moves differently and as the leg movement is greater, will also move into different areas

It sounds to me as if the padding / stitching got wet and chafed

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
I apologise Compo, I didn't know that, I thought you might have viewed the injury as an "opportunity". ^_^ I hope your bot is better today.

Neither did I say I didn't enjoy it :laugh:

It's all right this morning, and as I am not riding today should be OK by tomorrow.

Top Bottom