Red Tyres for commuting on fixie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For winter sod the colour, get some good puncture protection, best I've ever had are Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase, zero punctures in 2 winter seasons.

longers

Legendary Member
^ I like those tyres too. From AllTerrain Cycles?

There's a good/bewildering choice of Bontrager tyres on their website and I can't remember which ones I ended up with ;)
One or two of them have red stripes.

MajorMantra

The GP4000 is good but maybe a bit too nice (and possibly fast wearing) for a commuter. If you want cheap but decent Vittoria Rubinos are under a tenner and come in a nice shade of red. Or you can split the difference and get Rubino Pros.

Schwalbe do some too (Luganos are one) and I think they're supposed to be good though I've not tried them.

Matthew

D

Deleted member 1258

longers said:
^ I like those tyres too. From AllTerrain Cycles?

There's a good/bewildering choice of Bontrager tyres on their website and I can't remember which ones I ended up with :biggrin:
One or two of them have red stripes.

I have just put on of these on the front of my Pearson

http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/119612.html

it went on easily, rolls easily and seems to have good grip. I have only had it about a month so I can't comment on puncture resistance yet

stevevw

Guru
MajorMantra said:
If you want cheap but decent Vittoria Rubinos are under a tenner and come in a nice shade of red.

I use these on my Bianchi Pista but in white. Just the job for the commute if a little on the heavy side. The white stays remarkably clean too. Must be all the rain washing them.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
been using Mich Pro2`s on my langster, however got my first puncture on rear but they are quite worn I suspect. Had them a year and first puncture.

Top Bottom