Redmount Roller

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
I am soon to be the proud owner of a Redmount Roller - that was built three streets away from where I lived in King's Lynn. There were not many made and they were far from conventional in design.
I just hope my health improves enough for me to put some miles on it this year.
I am hoping that the arm rests will help my chronic shoulder pain enormously.
A full review once I have collected her and had a few test runs will follow.........
In the meantime, if anyone is interested in purchasing my Performer Trike E please get in touch for details. (Will be looking for £650)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180301-221221.png
    Screenshot_20180301-221221.png
    161.8 KB · Views: 99

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nice one. Certainly beats the Bay City type.

byegad

Legendary Member
I seriously looked to buy one! I even tried one out while on holiday in Norfolk.

It was a nice machine, although a bit 'sturdy'. I ended up buying a QNT instead.

OP
OP
mrandmrspoves

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
I seriously looked to buy one! I even tried one out while on holiday in Norfolk.

It was a nice machine, although a bit 'sturdy'. I ended up buying a QNT instead.

Sturdy suits me fine! Comfort is my main focus and I think this will work for me. The Performer has served me well - but I still get shoulder pain if I ride it more than a few miles. Time will tell with the Redmount.

Are you planning to harness the pair of Redmounts to a Narfolk hay cart ?
Actually the production Redmount Rollers are all ali tubing and frame construction therefore rather light !
Well done with the Ebay auction .... clearly a bargain price
I think you gained an advantage over other bidders >??>
Because of your prior knowledge about how it was designed and made on your doorstep !
I have a larger Fenland sugarbeet wagon harnessed and ready to be pulled by four Redmounts until they are sold :cheers:

OP
OP
mrandmrspoves

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Are you planning to harness the pair of Redmounts to a Narfolk hay cart ?
Actually the production Redmount Rollers are all ali tubing and frame construction therefore rather light !
Well done with the Ebay auction .... clearly a bargain price
I think you gained an advantage over other bidders >??>
Because of your prior knowledge about how it was designed and made on your doorstep !
I have a larger Fenland sugarbeet wagon harnessed and ready to be pulled by four Redmounts until they are sold :cheers:

The vendor was very keen that the Redmount went to someone that would fully appreciate it - and I most certainly will. One of my cycling friends has an early prototype in his shed - sadly not his though.
I have no intention of using the Redmount for agricultural purposes, but fully intend to tow my camping trailer and get out into the fine Norfolk and Suffolk countryside.

OP
OP
mrandmrspoves

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Back from Sussex and now the very happy owner of the Redmount Roller.
It needs a service and setting up correctly for me before I have a maiden voyage, which is a good thing because otherwise I wouldn't be able to resist going for a ride and I am recovering from a chest infection/asthma and am not really up to riding yet.
ADVERT for my Performer will be posted in the For Sale section should anyone be looking to join the world of fun that is recumbent triking.

OP
OP
mrandmrspoves

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
First spin yesterday. Just a spin round the block for set up adjustments. Moving the boom back to adjust to my short legs left the chain rubbing under the cruciform so a few adjustments made.
I went for a proof of concept ride today and all much smoother and quiet until the new chain tube I fitted slipped. Will need to fabricate a stronger bracket to secure the tube and then hopefully a longer ride will ensue.

OP
OP
mrandmrspoves

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Finally managed to get the Redmount out for a few miles.
11 miles is the furthest I have ridden in about 5 months.
I went slowly as my asthma is still problematic and went even more slowly uphill but all was good. A few more minor adjustments made to the Redmount to get it right for me, but no major mechanical issues and it rides really well.

Attachments

• 20180330_103252.jpg
    20180330_103252.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 274
  • 20180330_103237.jpg
    20180330_103237.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_20180330-140923_ViewRanger.jpg
    Screenshot_20180330-140923_ViewRanger.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
mrandmrspoves

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
What a lovely day for a ride . Just under 32 miles a big jump from 10. Shoulders completely pain free - but my legs hurt like Hell after 15. We went to Old Buckenham Airfield where you can watch the aeroplanes landing and taking off while eating a good meal (great cake too)
20180414_131604.jpg

Attachments

• 20180414_122536.jpg
    20180414_122536.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 20180414_142040.jpg
    20180414_142040.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 73
Top Bottom