redundant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Best of luck for the future smoke

OP
OP
S

smoke

yeah im ok can i just add i,m really touched by all of you on here, thanks to all of you it means alot thankyou.

longers

Legendary Member
One of the best blokes I ever worked with went through it quite a few times as a pattern maker and he would view everyone of them as a new start.

D

Deleted member 1258

lukesdad said:
Good point Dave r when I moved down here 7 years ago, Took arisk as no job waiting for me, but went to an agency. They took me on ,first temp job I went to , they wanted to hire me and Im still there !

I've had three jobs that started as temp agency work, one lasted eight years, one lasted five years and one lasted four years. I have also done agency work in places that I have been glad to get out of.

lukesdad

The employment market has changed dramatically. No jobs for life anymore. You ve got to be flexible and open minded.

OP
OP
S

smoke

Thankyou.To all who replied it means alot, This is a challenge but I,ll give it my best shot god bless all of you.

OP
OP
S

smoke

I agree there are no jobs for life, Christ i sound like my dad.This is all our futures.

lukesdad

Try and think outside the box Smoke. You sound like you re allready starting to, Ive got 2 small boys and I really worry about their future. We re too dependent on foreign imports we ve got to start producing again. As a country we cant survive on Banking and High Tech, industries either we ll starve or die of thirst if we believe the latest forecasts. The future lies in the past !

lukesdad

If....., we all sit back and do nothing it will happen. I took a massive risk 7 years ago, moving from the SE to rural Wales. Ive learnt more in those 7 years than I did in the previous 43. It hasnt all been plain sailing.... far from it but as they say; fortune favours the brave. Go for it Smoke.

Chrisc

Guru
Sorry to hear it. I've been through it and it's truly awful
Your skills may well be useful in a technical capacity at a uni or FE college tho.
Worth a look. All the best.

Top Bottom