Reelight 100 - anyone tried them

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
SWMBO's bike is a dinky silver thing. It's odd, but we both like it. (a Spesh Globe Daily 2 Step-thru)

thumb-specialized-daily-2-step-thru-2011.jpg

I'm looking for some small silver lights to complement it and I've found the Reelight 100 set, which uses magnets rather than a dynamo or batteries. A Bike Radar review is at; http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/categ...uct/review-reelight-sl100-flash-compact-28244 but I'd like a 'real' opinion.
sl100_1.jpg

Has anyone ever tried them?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I was given a set as a present. Obviously not going on the road bike, so tried to put them on the mtb hack and I couldn't get the magnets set up right so not used them yet. Do like the idea though for swmbo's bike as she can be forgetful and they are pretty much permanent once attached.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I've ridden behind them often enough. They give enough light in the dark that you can see they're on, but I wouldn't want to use them if you're relying on them to be seen. They're not at an "obvious" height, the flash is very short, and at slow speeds will be very widely spaced.

In summary - they're a cheap way of getting (apparently) road-legal without faffing around with batteries, and adequate if the roads are very well lit.

musa

Über Member
I've got them...(well the rear remain front got sold)
there decent but I'd have extra lights too these can be just extras on the bike, no need to worry about batteries

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Thanks to all - they'd be for occasional use only. SWMBO hardly rides anyway, let alone in the dark :thumbsup:

I think I'll get her a pair, so I dont have to think about batteries.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I've ridden behind them often enough. They give enough light in the dark that you can see they're on, but I wouldn't want to use them if you're relying on them to be seen. They're not at an "obvious" height, the flash is very short, and at slow speeds will be very widely spaced.

In summary - they're a cheap way of getting (apparently) road-legal without faffing around with batteries, and adequate if the roads are very well lit.
not quite so true now, they sell ones that are constant. there are a few videos on youtue.

Top Bottom