Reflectors for bladed spokes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Bladed spokes would suggest quite good wheels on quite a sporty bike. Fitting plastic reflectors would be like sticking extra reflectors on the back of a Ferrari!
I have bladed r501s on the commuter , reflectors o nt ehfrotn might be seen but the panniers on the back would make the rears a bit pointless.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Is there such a thing?

I have the small tubular reflectors that clip onto individual round spokes on one bike, but in the process of 'winterising' another I've just realised they don't clip onto bladed spokes.

A very quick google didn't turn up anything. Anyone know of anything available, or any top tips?
You are welcome to these if they would be of any use.They fit onto bladed spokes. DSC_2350.JPG
DSC_2354.JPG

OP
OP
simon.r

simon.r

Person
Blimey, I didn't mean to start another debate about whether spoke reflectors are useful or not!

FWIW my opinion is similar to several expressed already - they don't do any harm.

The wheels in question are Shimano RX31 (sub £200 disc wheelset) and they're on a steel framed, mudguard and triple chainset equipped winter bike, so I haven't any qualms about aesthetics. Thanks for the tips.

< those are on Shimano RS30 with bladed spokes. they are the tubular 3m ones that you can usually pick up at the aldi and lidl cycling events.

you may lose one or two every so often but at the cost they come at, its worth it.

anything to help prevent an idiot the excuse of not seeing you.

OP
OP
simon.r

simon.r

Person
< those are on Shimano RS30 with bladed spokes. they are the tubular 3m ones that you can usually pick up at the aldi and lidl cycling events.

you may lose one or two every so often but at the cost they come at, its worth it.

anything to help prevent an idiot the excuse of not seeing you.

I have the Aldi / 3M ones but they didn't seem to want to stay on at all. I'll have another go.

Top Bottom