Reforming the UCI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldroadman

Veteran
If you watch the BBC documentary on the same subject, it is difficult not to believe that almost every runner in that 100 metre final is or was a doper.

I mentioned in a previous post about Don Caitlin's analysis of tests from the Los Angeles games tests - he ended up stopping because they were just so bad that it was depressing.

He gets a mention in the book, and now it is being reported that IAAF are investigating what happens in Kenya with the distance runners. Jamaica and the sprinters next? I just hope they get a clean bill of health, but if not, that it is all very public, along with other sports results when they properly check what is going on. Ideally, all clean of course, because no one can take pleasure in finding their sporting heroes have cheated all along. I'm just not completely optimistic that this will be the case, but all sport should be getting this out into the open, so that the public can start to believe a little once again, and not always have the doubt.

Hotblack Desiato

"That's no iceberg - tell the band to keep playing!"

That's hardly fair, the man is clearly doing his best and wishes to go on doing so:

"I would like to do more. What I set out to do was change the culture, from a doping culture to an anti-doping culture. I do believe that is happening and I would like to see it through.

Of course I believe him.

BJH

Über Member
Yes he is keen to maintain a nice fat cat job which will see him living very comfortably before he finally replace his mate Heiny at the great Olympics gravy train chief steward

BJH

Über Member
He gets a mention in the book, and now it is being reported that IAAF are investigating what happens in Kenya with the distance runners. Jamaica and the sprinters next? I just hope they get a clean bill of health, but if not, that it is all very public, along with other sports results when they properly check what is going on. Ideally, all clean of course, because no one can take pleasure in finding their sporting heroes have cheated all along. I'm just not completely optimistic that this will be the case, but all sport should be getting this out into the open, so that the public can start to believe a little once again, and not always have the doubt.

Revisiting these posts an interesting thought occurred about Kenya. Doesn't our double gold winner train thre too?

oldroadman

Veteran
Revisiting these posts an interesting thought occurred about Kenya. Doesn't our double gold winner train thre too?
It is said that this is the case. Which of course proves nothing.

but he does have a point, lance doped yet cycling is in boom times, what do we expect the uci to say...
outside of the small group of cycling fans nobody is really that bothered, the vast majority of people with an interest in sport, have always thought cycling was full of dopers, at worse, armstrong has comfirmed their beliefs but it's more of a shrug of the shoulders, who gives a s***e rather than ... oh my god lance doped....,
to me mcquid has a job to do and that interview is what you'd expect the uci to be saying about armstrong...

Is cycling in the boom times. Sponsors like Rabobank withdrawing, Coke pulled out years ago, HTC couldn't get a sponsor and that's just what I can think of off the top of my head. British Cycling has never been stronger but that's a different thing.

The only point McQuaid has is McQuaid. I see nothing progressive and what is, such as the Bio passport is being given nothing like the potential it has. Talking about Armstrong is just a deflection from much bigger issues.

Top Bottom