Regulars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Strange how you see the same faces, cycling against you, on the other side of the road. Give a smile and a nod as you pass.

They're a regular part of your life that you might 'miss' if you haven't seen them for while. Like the guy on the black MTB with the Black/red/white helmet. Always the same section of road where we pass.

I know nothing about them, apart from they cycle. Never said a word apart from a mouthed greeting.

Comaraderie?

Maybe.

Just something that was 'to mind' so thought I'd post.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
see a couple of cyclists every day on my morning commute, get a nod from one, the other, he's just a stare straight ahead type guy. Also see many of the same cars everyday

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
My route changes all the time, so mostly don't see the same regulars (apart from the school parents about 10+ of those who cycle). But I frequently look at some of them and wonder if they are any of the posters on here. The only way I'm going to find out for certain is if any of them were wearing a CC jersey. However they wouldn't know it was me as I don't wear lycra cycling gear so I haven't ordered one:sad:.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Usually pass a few in both directions - let on to those who let on back - one guy is a stealthy roadie like me - out on his commuted up MTB - we both let on.

See lots of the same cars stuck in the same queue's - must watch out as I pass most of my neighbours stuck in the local queues - even friends spot me now...argh... I must behave

Wolf04

Yup same cyclists, same milk float, same SITA refuse wagon blocking one particular road same time every two weeks collecting recyclable waste....god I'm bored.:sad:

Cyclista

This is true even if you don't work the same hours every week. I work a rotating shift pattern, and I still have "regulars" on each shift. The guy on the 24" wheeled Curtis jump bike in the mornings, the woman on the old Specialzed Rockhopper in the afternoons, the guy on the 70's road bike at the end of the night shift, the list goes on! Get (and give :sad:) a smile and a wave, sometimes a "'morning!"

jiggerypokery

Über Member
No cyclists to speak of on my route but I do have the joy of the yummy mummys crossing at the end of my road and then theres the morbidly obese couple who sit at the bus stop outside Greggs the Bakers covered in crumbs from their breakfast pasties....ooh oooh oooh...forgot the old woman with a white blonde beehive hairdo, immaculate every day but so fine that the sun shines through its bulk as if its made of spider silk.

Maz

Guru
It's like clockwork isn't it? If you don't cross paths at your normal point, chances are one of you's running late!

Tynan

Veteran
thundering sea of cars and bikes in the big smoke,, that or my brain can;r hold that many items

the only one I ever recognise is the chap with two kids on a tandem and a +1 sweeping down the hill in the last half mile of my outward leg

seems to me like there's stacks more bikes out every day now the weather is improving

biking_fox

Guru
Don't think I've seen (passed :sad: ) Fossyant. But I do see the same people, not everyday, but during most weeks. And I pass the same cars - though I normally only notice these if they've been pimped in someway -most noticably a Chevi with a big american flag down the side - or just cut me up.

Top Bottom