Regulars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I don't see many out at 430am. But i've seen BentMikey a couple of times in the afternoon crossing Vauxhall bridge he's always flying.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
topcat1 said:
I don't see many out at 430am. But i've seen BentMikey a couple of times in the afternoon crossing Vauxhall bridge he's always flying.

Ooh, scary that is, I'm being stalked, LOL! Thanks for the compliment, I wish I really was fast.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mr Fox...what's your route ? - I'm surprised I haven't bumped into John the Monkey over all this time, but I think he's much earlier than me on the good olde Manchester Road.....although I think his route has changed - just thope he isn't doing the A34 all the way into town. About 8.00-8.15 I'm on there and 4.45-5.00 on the way home.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
fossyant said:
Mr Fox...what's your route ? - I'm surprised I haven't bumped into John the Monkey over all this time, but I think he's much earlier than me on the good olde Manchester Road.....although I think his route has changed - just thope he isn't doing the A34 all the way into town. About 8.00-8.15 I'm on there and 4.45-5.00 on the way home.

Yep, I'd be a half hour or so earlier than you in the morning, Fossy, I think.

I start from Wilmslow Station, and the route is Wilmslow Rd to Cheadle Royal Roundabout, down School's Hill and then left into Cheadle and along high street to Manchester Road. Over the Parrs Wood Junction, then Parrs Wood Road to Wilmslow/Oxford Road which I follow into town.

I'm setting off between 7:05 and 7:10 in the morning, and either 16:00 to 16:15 or 17:00 in the evening...

I do try and wear the cyclechat jersey at least once a week, on the offchance though :rolleyes:

biking_fox

Guru
I'm a bit later than you Fossy

8:15 - S. Reddish up Manchester rd to the A6, struggle through Longsight to Plymouth Grove, across onto UpperBooth street for the entertaining fight with the cars to the Uni. get there for 8:40.

Probably don't start leaving until 5:20 or so.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ah that's the other bit of Manchester Road - the 'one' John and I use is the Cheadle / Parrs Wood bit - you brave the A6 eh...crazy....

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I used to see regulars on the Roseburn path, but since moving to Newington I don't go that way any more. Now it just seems to be random students, usually RLJing, riding without lights, on the pavement...xx(

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Hairy Jock said:
I used to see regulars on the Roseburn path, but since moving to Newington I don't go that way any more. Now it just seems to be random students, usually RLJing, riding without lights, on the pavement...:sad:

Do you get nostalgic for the old Roseburn Path ? Just think - this year we could have cycled by in opposite directions, wearing our CycleChat jerseys, giving each other a cheery wave. :smile:

The only regular I see there is the bloke with all the gear but never any lights through the whole winter. If I'm quick I meet him on the Roseburn Path at around 6.20am, otherwise it's on the Telford Path. He's taken to wearing a hi-viz helmet cover recently, even though it's neither cold nor raining; perhaps he thinks it makes him more visible in the morning gloom than a light does... xx(

Kirst

Hairy Jock said:
I used to see regulars on the Roseburn path, but since moving to Newington I don't go that way any more. Now it just seems to be random students, usually RLJing, riding without lights, on the pavement...:thumbsup:

You might see me now and again. I'm at St Leonards.

I see regulars in the Meadows - there's a woman who's probably in her 50s who wears a longish grey flannel skirt and has a bike with a big wicker basket on the front - and several regulars along the canal path, including a bloke in shellsuit on mountain bike who looks very awkward but goes quite fast.

Tynan

Veteran
wearing my CC jersey every day now, top fit and it's nice and bright now the days are lighter

not a single toot/wave/nod

tsk

mootaineer

Tynan said:
wearing my CC jersey every day now, top fit and it's nice and bright now the days are lighter

not a single toot/wave/nod

tsk

Hey Tynan,

Where do you ride?
I missed the bandwagon with the CC kit - but then I'm relatively new here too...
Isn't it still a bit cold to wear just CC kit - or am I wimpy? xx(

My commute is from Mill Hill to Canary Wharf.
I'll give you a wave if I ever see you...(or anyone wearing CC kit for that matter) ;)

Top Bottom