Relatively easy but exciting tour ideas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
We've got a week off in July and I'm trying to persuade Richard to go on a bike tour. I'm not sure if I'll be able to cycle up any cols (I'll be 5 months preggers by then) - anyone got any advice on that front?

In any case....what kind of relatively flat tours could we do that are still in beautiful surroundings? We both love mountains - any routes people could suggest that go through mountain vallleys? I'm totally sure I can still do 'hills' but maybe the proper cols will be beyond me. Maybe they won't.

All confused...help!

Tony

Fly to Innsbruck, take the Inn trail.

hubbike

Scotland? I've been collecting ideas for weekend trips here and here. In general cycling in Scotland tends to be less hilly than you expect because the roads stick to the glens and don't wander over hills like in Wales.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Second trimester is generally the calm before the storm. Wife was utterly exhausted for first and last three months, but perked up for the middle. Much effort expended in 'nesting' but a wonderful time, none the less. Congratulations. Take it easy.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Yeah, you could probably even do the birth itself on a recumbent and if you were towing a trailer you could bung the baby in that and so hardly interrupt the tour at all.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:bravo: Congratulations Cathryn and Richard ! :ohmy:

Andy in Sig said:
Yeah, you could probably even do the birth itself on a recumbent and if you were towing a trailer you could bung the baby in that and so hardly interrupt the tour at all.
.. and, given that it'll be November by then ..... :girl:

Top Bottom