Religion and cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mac66

I think this post belongs here rather than were the angry people live, as I am not passing a judgement or expressing an opinion.

Does anyone on here with a religious faith go for club-runs on a Sunday and if so how do they square it up with the big entity or, conversely, does anyone with faith not do Sunday club-runs?

Bigtallfatbloke

we chat a lot inside my head so I have faith that God will forgive me for not going to church..

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm religiously atheist, but I'd have thought that the idea of havnig a special sabbath or whatever one likes to call it is one of the more obviously "man'-made" constructs? Each to his own, anyway; my parents were a bit religious, and it seemed to help them through life a bit, just not for me! :biggrin: I cycle past some churches often on a sunday... always seems plenty of peeps there.

postman

Legendary Member
Hello ,I go to church and go cycling on some sundays.It is not a problem.There is nothing to square up with anyone.I have also just made a very big decision to leave my church that i have attended for 21 years.And start going to another .And all of our mates have wished us well for the future.

walker

postman said:
Hello ,I go to church and go cycling on some sundays.It is not a problem.There is nothing to square up with anyone.I have also just made a very big decision to leave my church that i have attended for 21 years.And start going to another .And all of our mates have wished us well for the future.

is the church that far away or is it known to house axe murderers?:biggrin:

I don't understand

Maz

Guru
walker said:
is the church that far away or is it known to house axe murderers?:biggrin:
Neither, I suspect. After attending the same church for 21 years, you're bound to get to know the other members. It'd be bad manners not to wish him well when he decided to leave.

walker

Maz said:
Neither, I suspect. After attending the same church for 21 years, you're bound to get to know the other members. It'd be bad manners not to wish him well when he decided to leave.

Excuse me for a bit of Dr Pepper, but whats the worst that can happen?

striker

I don't cycle with a club, mainly because all the major club runs for clubs round here are on Sunday mornings. With my family I personally think it is more important to go to church on Sunday than ride. Occasionally however I do the odd one off ride on a sunday

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
walker said:
Excuse me for a bit of Dr Pepper, but whats the worst that can happen?

20080121-lightning-strike-up-close.jpg

:tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

Maz

Guru
yorkshiregoth said:
No one from my local Mosque cycles. They even have a sign in the door banning people from bringing their bikes inside :blush:
Same here. I leave my steed tied to the railings outside. Serves me right for trying to put the 'fun' back into 'fundamentalism' and the 'laugh' back into...er...'slaughter'? :tongue::biggrin:

Top Bottom