remember my sons assault last week??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
Well the people involved got "final warnings". ;) I only know this because I just got a very brief answerphone message. Needless to say I'm not impressed nor do I fully understand how this can have been decided and by whom in just over a week....

nigelb

Final warnings? Bet they've never had those before.

Failing to punish people encourages the behaviour imho.

Nige

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
nigelb said:
Final warnings? Bet they've never had those before.

Failing to punish people encourages the behaviour imho.

Nige

I just Googled it

" He's assessed to determine the causes of the offending behaviour and a programme of activities is identified to address them "

Wonderful, in the meantime my son nearly loses an eye!!!

longers

Legendary Member
I reckon they ought to be banned from using trains, even if it's only for a few years. Maybe you could push this with the train company/whoever runs the stations as way of an apology for not ringing 999? ;)

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
longers said:
I reckon they ought to be banned from using trains, even if it's only for a few years. Maybe you could push this with the train company/whoever runs the stations as way of an apology for not ringing 999? ;)

W're still waiting for a response from the rail company, they're "looking into it"

mangaman

bobg said:
Well the people involved got "final warnings". ;) I only know this because I just got a very brief answerphone message. Needless to say I'm not impressed nor do I fully understand how this can have been decided and by whom in just over a week....

Sorry to hear this bobg

Any feedback from the station staff (if I recall it was at a station and the staff refused to even call the police)

Have you complained to the railway company?

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
fossyant said:
Might be understandable for a 'first' offence, but from what you said, this family was 'well known' to the police

It wasnt a first offence, they told me that. If he does anything wrong again then he'll be charged... I'm told

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
bobg said:

im sorry but thats not good enough!!!

darkstar

A warning? What a joke. IMO when it comes to violence the first offense should be punished, there is no excuse for it, especially when it's unprovoked like in this case.

Wish they would send them out for a game of rugby against a top class side, then they would realise just how tough they are.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
When the dust settles in a fortnight, write to your new MP and ask what (s)he thinks about this. You'll be amazed how much more active they can get with an MP on their case.

ASC1951

Guru
bobg said:
It wasnt a first offence, they told me that. If he does anything wrong again then he'll be charged... I'm told
There is nothing to stop you, on your son's behalf, bringing an assault and personal injury claim against the assailant even though the assailant is a minor. The process might teach him a lesson and the judgement debt can be enforced when he is an adult. [Note that you can only claim for what did happen, not what might have happened, but assault is actionable in itself i.e. without injury.]

I take it that you have already considered this? http://www.cica.gov.uk/Can-I-apply/Am-I-eligible/

Top Bottom