Remember This One

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qycF0raqpg

Driver one Defendant: Chris Bassett, Court: Richmond Magistrates, Date: 28/02/2012, Offence: Driving without due care and attention, Result: PLEADED GUILTY RECEIVED SIX POINT AND A £230 FINE.

Drive two, Defendant: TREPAK Susan (Ms). Court: Richmond Magistrate, Date 10/09/2012, Offence: Driving without due care and attention, Result Peaded NOT GUILITY. Found Guilty - Fine £130. Court Cost £130. £15 victim surcharge 3 penalty points.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I kind of feel the second driver was equal if not worse, especially after a not guilty plea! should have gotten more points as she could have seriously injured that cyclist.

jarlrmai

Veteran
I think that when it happens she's not fully at the junction and is too busy looking for any gaps that might be coming up he goes over after he gets nudged by the bloke turning into the road to her right and is then below her eyeline and in the time it takes him to go over she arrives at the junction and then starts looking. She is essentially not paying enough attention too focussed on saving time at the junction.

The bloke sounded stoned to me but I guess he wasn't.

I thought if you plead not guilty and were found guilty your punishment was worse?

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I think for the first driver that was a acceptable result.
For the second well its a p*ss take. She had the audacity to plead not guilty and then only got 3 points and a poor fine. With being found guilty she should have had the punishment doubled if not tripled of what the other driver got.

Were exactly was she looking and even with a bike under he car scraping along the ground shes still trying to pull away, Christ. The crash happened right in front of her and she still missed it.
I think the court should have ordered an eye test while they were at it and then if found not in working order prosecute for dangerous driving.
In comparison i think the guy got fu*cked by the courts if compared to this female. At least he admitted he was at fault then wanted to help at the scene.Followed by then having the decency to admit it in court. The women wouldn't get out the car or even help until later where she knew the police where being called.

Both should have had been sent of a driving course or retake their driving tests as their own cost or lose their licenses.

Top Bottom