Removal of Tea Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK I can understand why the Tea? thread, and others, was 'locked' at over 20,000 posts... BUT, an e mail informing me of this happening would of been nice, along with the oppertunity of starting the replacement Tea? thread.

This is my last post :wacko:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
What the deuce?

I speak as an outsider, admittedly, but given that (as I understand it) people maintain this stuff unpaid, and in their own time, couldn't one shrug one's shoulders, and kick off the successor thread?

Shaun

Founder
Erm, the original thread wasn't removed ... it's here.

The new one is simply a continuation of the original one.

I suppose it wasn't easy to see that though as I didn't put any pointers on either of the threads, so I've corrected that:
  • Link in original thread pointing to the new one
  • Link in the new thread pointing to the original one
Oh, and I've also copied the original post into the top of the new one so you're the originator of the new thread too.

It was late at night when I did it (actually, probably more likely the early hours of the morning) and as a few people seem to get what had happened I never got around to explaining.

Anyhow, there you go, no harm no foul.

Cheers,
Shaun :wahhey:

Renard

Lord of the Teapot said:
OK I can understand why the Tea? thread, and others, was 'locked' at over 20,000 posts... BUT, an e mail informing me of this happening would of been nice, along with the oppertunity of starting the replacement Tea? thread.

This is my last post :smile:

Do you think the thread belongs to you because you started it? :biggrin:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i'm rather surprised the dictionary corner crew haven't mugged this thread yet

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rhythm Thief said:
"Removel" got me, but I've stopped pointing this stuff out now. It's a full time job these days and I've already got one of those.;)

Yeah, same here, except the having a job bit...

Is it possible, is it conceivable, that LOTP is an alter ego of someone else who's still active on here? Just a hunch, a wild guess, you must understand.
Not me! I'm meticulous with spelling.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
661-Pete said:
Is it possible, is it conceivable, that LOTP is an alter ego of someone else who's still active on here? Just a hunch, a wild guess, you must understand.
Not me!

It might be possible I suppose. (yeah I heard that rumour, who else lives in Leicester?)

Top Bottom