removing a cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

DLB

spandex said:
They work by dropping out the back wheel tack out the QR or nut. now put the hypercracker into the lockring and put the QR or nut back on, put the wheel back in the bike do up the QR or nut. Now spin the wheel backwords (slowly now or you will do in your paint) when the hypercracker is up tight to the frame push hard and the lockring will undo. :biggrin:

can somebody please translate into English??? :biggrin:

Actually, i think i did get the general idea. i presume since they are not standard, they're not as good as using a chain whip??

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Stuff the hyper thingy - normal removal tool and a chain whip..... less messing.....

And I bet it doesn't get the lockring back on tight does it...nah..nah..nah nah..NAH :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

barq

The hypercracker is a clever idea, but it has pretty limited appeal IMHO. And I'd be picky about which frames I'd use a hypercracker on - given that you use the frame for leverage and the hypercracker only connects with a small area of rear-triangle tubing... :biggrin: Really neat device for the ultra-self-sufficient cyclist though.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
fossyant said:
Stuff the hyper thingy - normal removal tool and a chain whip..... less messing.....

And I bet it doesn't get the lockring back on tight does it...nah..nah..nah nah..NAH :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Using the Hypercracker and the edge of a 26" wheel only requires you to use a force of 20 - 33 lbs pressure to turn the wheel for the correct torque to be set on the lockring. Absolutely nothing (hang 2 one gallon containers full of water off one of your spokes, that's 20 lbs weight :biggrin: ).

Top Bottom