Renewing a passport..... anyone done it recently?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
When I did mine and the kids’ our local indie photography shop guaranteed the photos. If they were rejected because of the photos themselves, they would pay your rejection expenses and redo the photos for free.

It didn’t stop me looking like a thug in my picture.

View attachment 448603
As it happened all went smoothly. For a government department, the passport lot seem pretty good.

Tell you what ,given the right amount of beer and drugs I'd have a crack at you :laugh:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Mine ran out in 2016... Must get it done as my dad lives in Spain..

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5512068, member: 9609"]and definitely don't book any holiday spanning the end march/beg april[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't expect that to be an issue by air, just not by lorry via Dover. The world, and especially business aren't going to grind to a halt...whatever the DM and Express rags might think

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5512092, member: 9609"]i wouldn't trust anything around that date.

and what have the DM and Express rags being saying ? i don't read them.[/QUOTE]
That the world is going to end...however, that's for the Brexit thread

I'm sure my colleagues and others I know in my industry will still be travelling around that time, business goes on

sheddy

Legendary Member
Ask your post office. Some do it all, with a booked appointment, will take your photo and fill in documents - £90 all in, 3 week delivery.

Just need to take old passport, I'm having mine on Friday, will report back.

Edit: Went to prebooked appt at Post Office - 5 mins for photo & details. Tracked via email/text. Promised PP by post within 3 weeks.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Too late now but how can you do that ?

Government departments are becoming more integrated electronically. I renewed my passport last year and by checking boxes or clicking a link I was able to give permission to use my driving licence photo.

Mrs P got her pics for India visa on a stick after a professional took them. She's since lost the stick! :sad:

I've just done Cambodia and Vietnam visas from my phone using the dining room wall as a background. Both went through OK.

Cambodia in less than two hours - long enough to check the credit card payment had gone through!! :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
Mrs P got her pics for India visa on a stick after a professional took them. She's since lost the stick! :sad:
Surely she can get a copy of them again from the same place, they should be on the system?

Have fun in Asia, fantastic countries...just look out when crossing the roads esp in Hanoi :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Ask your post office. Some do it all, with a booked appointment, will take your photo and fill in documents - £90 all in, 3 week delivery.

Just need to take old passport, I'm having mine on Friday, will report back.

Same here, it's a few years ago but we used the Post Office service and they did it all without issue.
I'm still pondering applying for an Irish passport just in case...:whistle:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Background to this is Mrs D paying £6.00 to sit in a booth and getting 4 photos of the top of her head...... so please dont tell me I can use my phone as she is seriously not interested.
So........
We went to Max Spielman and paid thier rediculous price (and Mrs D is happy-ish).
Spielman's tell me the photos are guaranteed to be accepted.
The photos are in a wallet and they have a code with instructions to fill in the .gov on line form and enter this code.
Just to be sure I understood I phoned Spielmans and asked "are you saying I dont have to send a photo, I simply enter the code and they will accept it".
Answer was... "ahh, they will tell you if its accepted".
Me..... "you told me they were guaranteed to be accepted".
She... "well, its not up to us.....they will tell you if its accepted" :blush:

Anyone else done it this way ie with a code?

I had to get a replacement following mine going missing on a flight! I don't recall being able to send a code with the picture, but I do remember a colleague had to certify on the back of the picture it was me. It may be different for a replacement but check your documentation.

Top Bottom