Renewing a passport..... anyone done it recently?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5512092, member: 9609"]i wouldn't trust anything around that date.

and what have the DM and Express rags being saying ? i don't read them.[/QUOTE]
Browsing for holidays, came across this which should reassure

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/info/brexit?vlid=tuiquarttwo1

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5513388, member: 9609"]gawd - I was just been daft and joining in with all the ridiculous brexit panic. - i'm from the camp that doesn't think it is the end of the world.

in any case you really shouldn't be going on foreign holidays on environmental grounds, unless you are cycling theire of course. but planes are a big No No now.[/QUOTE]
I like holidays and visiting interesting places so I am not going to stop. We’ve had this discussion before so no need to go there

I have just renewed my passport. I go my better half to take a few pics. The first pic was rejected because they said I had my eyes shut (my glasses made it look that way, they were open, honest!) They let me know within a few mins of sending the first pic. The second was accepted, although I thought that it was a little dark, going by their online guide. Still, all done and dusted so I can now look forward to a few foreign trips this year.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have just renewed my passport. I go my better half to take a few pics. The first pic was rejected because they said I had my eyes shut (my glasses made it look that way, they were open, honest!) They let me know within a few mins of sending the first pic. The second was accepted, although I thought that it was a little dark, going by their online guide. Still, all done and dusted so I can now look forward to a few foreign trips this year.
I was told to remove my specs for passport pic? Need to remember to take them off for the e-gates!

pjd57

Veteran
Done the online application the other night.
It kept rejecting suitably awful pictures saying that the colour wasn't right.

There was nothing wrong with the colour.
Eventually I ticked a box saying ...use it anyway and just entered in the comments that the picture accurately reflects my skin and hair colour......gray and grater.

Paid the £75 online and have posted away the old one.
So I hope they accept the picture that computer said NO to.

Thing that annoys me now is that they don't add on any unused months from the old one.
So if you don't want to pay extra for a month or two you need to let the old one run out .

vickster

Legendary Member
Done the online application the other night.
It kept rejecting suitably awful pictures saying that the colour wasn't right.

There was nothing wrong with the colour.
Eventually I ticked a box saying ...use it anyway and just entered in the comments that the picture accurately reflects my skin and hair colour......gray and grater.

Paid the £75 online and have posted away the old one.
So I hope they accept the picture that computer said NO to.

Thing that annoys me now is that they don't add on any unused months from the old one.
So if you don't want to pay extra for a month or two you need to let the old one run out .
Are you sure? Mine is valid from Aug 15 to May 26 so 10 years and 9 months. Passport (as the thread title) not driving licence

pjd57

Veteran
Are you sure? Mine is valid from Aug 15 to May 26 so 10 years and 9 months. Passport (as the thread title) not driving licence
Just checked their website.
It definitely says time will not be added on to new passport.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Er, how doe Max Spielman know the person having their photo taken is the person named on the application they give the code for??? Similarly if they mess up the code, anyone's photo could end up on your passport and that would open up a whole new can of worms...

classic33

Leg End Member
Er, how doe Max Spielman know the person having their photo taken is the person named on the application they give the code for??? Similarly if they mess up the code, anyone's photo could end up on your passport and that would open up a whole new can of worms...
Local photography shop requires the old passport taking in, before they take any photo's. The passport photo's are then taken.

Not certain how it'd work with a new application though.

Top Bottom