Renewing wedding vows.....yes? no? why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Maybe some, in hindsight, aren't happy with the vows they made... possibly they don't like the word 'obey' or something. I've always thought it was more rewriting their wedding vows rather than renewing.

Gunk

Guru
It is a strange thing to do. I’ve never really understood why people feel the need, unless they’ve had a major wobble, and think they need to start again.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Me and Mrs ND renewed our vows in 2018, after 20 years of marriage. Best thing I ever did, apart from our actual wedding itself - and those of you who know my circumstances will understand why I say that.
A great day, a chance to celebrate with family and friends (including new ones who hadn't been there the first time) and we even had a pork pie "cake".

But if it's not for you, then that's also fine.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I stood in front of friends and families and took the oath, "'til Death do us part", so why would I want to do it a second time?

Anyway how do people play away? I couldn't stand the stress and Mrs Gti would smell a rat on day one.

postman

Legendary Member
A pal of mine said after thirty years of marriage.It only seems like yesterday,and you know what an awful day yesterday was.I know i know i replied i have been happily married twelve years.Which is not bad out of thirty.

Top Bottom