Renting out your bike

When not using your bike, would you rent it out in a hassle-free, safe way to make some extra cash?

• Yes

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • No

Votes: 39 84.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
I voted yes because you mentioned "hassle free" and "safe" but I think there is no such thing. So my "yes" vote is theoretical, as I feel is your question .

Heres a thought for the op , if there is money to be made from hiring out bikes, how about this idea , buy some bikes and hire them out instead of expecting random strangers to provide them for you , after all it is hassle free as you say :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
Heres a thought for the op , if there is money to be made from hiring out bikes, how about this idea , buy some bikes and hire them out instead of expecting random strangers to provide them for you , after all it is hassle free as you say :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:
They'd be at a central store, not spread countrywide as per their second post.

A bit like Charlottes Tandems rely on other people storing the tandems for them.

Milkfloat

An Peanut

You obviously don't understand peer to peer lending.

https://www.spinlister.com/ Is the example that I considered, I may well try it for the bikes that I have stored in the rafters. I am not too worried if they don't come back.

fossala

Guru
There is no chance this would work. If I lent out my bike and it got scratched I would want new paint, obviously that wouldn't be covered. Crank rub from shoes, some of my cranks cost £400, would this be covered? Any real sort of crash I would be expecting a full replacement.

Also have you ever tried to claim on insurance for menial things like postage? It's made hard because the first thing any insurance company has to do to stay in business is to deny as many claims as possible.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd sooner lend put my Y fronts than entrust my bikes to a stranger. Then there's the issue of liability - if my bike explodes while someone else is riding it I then have to prove to the court that its been properly maintained I a suitable manner to avoid getting shafted. Sod that.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I'd sooner lend put my Y fronts than entrust my bikes to a stranger. Then there's the issue of liability - if my bike explodes while someone else is riding it I then have to prove to the court that its been properly maintained I a suitable manner to avoid getting shafted. Sod that.

I had a bike explode once. That the problem with using gas pipes for the frame.

Top Bottom