Reopening Richmond Park

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I tbought i once heard that it was a gay dogging spot after dark.
Each to their own.
I thought that a car was essential equipment for dogging. The roads are closed after dark. Of course, there may well be whole hordes of dogging ramblers for all I know.

PK99

Legendary Member

Only access to Richmond park has been for pedestrians for a while - no cars, no bikes.

In the area of Bushy park/Hampton Court on Monday, we saw a significant number of groups of cyclists - some clearly, from their riding style, club cyclists not in club colours, often very shot gaps between rides and some chain-ganging.

3? weeks ago in Morden we were passed by a veritable club peloton of around 15 riders - again not in club colours but by style, club riders not blokes on bikes.

I think cyclists as a group have forfeited any right to special pleading.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Aussie Rider in London

Only access to Richmond park has been for pedestrians for a while - no cars, no bikes.

In the area of Bushy park/Hampton Court on Monday, we saw a significant number of groups of cyclists - some clearly, from their riding style, club cyclists not in club colours, often very shot gaps between rides and some chain-ganging.

3? weeks ago in Morden we were passed by a veritable club peloton of around 15 riders - again not in club colours but by style, club riders not blokes on bikes.

I think cyclists as a group have forfeited any right to special pleading.

I find this a pretty weird take. The actions of a few forfeit the rights of the many?

In Richmond Park, deer have been put down in the past week and they've had 20 odd reports of dogs harassing deer. Do you think that dogs should be banned outright because of these incidents, as opposed to just being kept on leashes? Do dog walkers have no right to "plead"?

ozboz

Guru
Il be very happy when they do , I miss my 20km circuit around there , whilst being banned from riding I took to the walking paths , from now on I’ll probably work out a riding, walking circuit , I found that walking is better for my leg problem. I am also considering going to be a volunteer at the Shire Horse Sables , Holly Lodge .

vickster

Legendary Member
I find this a pretty weird take. The actions of a few forfeit the rights of the many?

In Richmond Park, deer have been put down in the past week and they've had 20 odd reports of dogs harassing deer. Do you think that dogs should be banned outright because of these incidents, as opposed to just being kept on leashes? Do dog walkers have no right to "plead"?
If there are deer around, I’m surprised there isn’t already a regulation that dogs must be on leads :wacko:

PK99

Legendary Member

I thought I had been clear, perhaps not.

My observation is that a significant proportion of cyclists that I have seen have been riding is ways that directly contravene lockdown rules.

Being close passed on Monday by several groups of club style riders riding close wheeled was, in current circumstances, unacceptable.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
If there are deer around, I’m surprised there isn’t already a regulation that dogs must be on leads :wacko:
Lots of people thinking- "Fenton! Oh Jesus Christ!" Etc.

Otherwise, looking forward to resuming my dawn Richmond Park rides. Haven't done one since last summer.

Top Bottom