Repairing a cracked roof - advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have use acrylic repair gunge, you get a year or two in exposed locations.
My new flat roofs are both EPDM rubbery material which seems to be OK so far. It was installed by a good contractor with correct slope and no pooling.

snorri

Legendary Member
With a hole that size it is surprising there is no sign of dampness in the ceiling of the room under the hole. There must be water entering which will be causing rot in any woodwork below.:sad::sad:

Hicky

Guru
Looks like fibreglass, try the company first off. If you have no joy then watch the plethora of youtube vids and do it yourself.

MarkF

Guru
I have use acrylic repair gunge, you get a year or two in exposed locations.
My new flat roofs are both EPDM rubbery material which seems to be OK so far. It was installed by a good contractor with correct slope and no pooling.

I fitted Firestone EPDM for many years and never had one installation failure. There are no seams to fail (mostly) and as long as the tradesman adopts a belt and braces approach to adjoining walls then it's a cracking product.

Occasionally something odd like a loose slate would fall and puncture a sheet. It closes naturally but we'd sent out a repair kit to be used just like doing a bicycle puncture, a doddle.

A lot of switch selling going on but l can recommend genuine Firestone EPDM.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Thanks. That would be the ideal solution, but unfortunately it didn't. The company that did the work has since changed hands, and we have nothing on paper, so I suspect DIY is realistically our only option.
Wasn't this mob was it?

the-shawshank-redemption-the-shawshank-redemption-31746592-1800-1189.jpg

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
PS Thanks for suggestions - contacted the company & they've confirmed they'll fix it under (10 year) guarantee. Hooray!

We have a skylight leaking from a sloping tiled roof.
I think its leaking because the flashing wasn't properly installed(This was on our survey before we moved in) and also from a crack in the frame.
I am wondering if this is covered under buildings and content insurance?

Top Bottom