replace stair carpet ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnblack

Über Member
Our carpet fitter folded an extra length of carpet, the depth of one stair, under the top stair, so if the carpet on the steps do wear out you can pull it all down one, and the current verticals become the new horizontals.

Does that make any sense what so every, it's Friday afternoon and i'm tired.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
£115 fitted including landing
went for a cheap carpet as we figure its to make it look presentable , had two valuations in the ballpark and off to see mortgage advisor in a weeks time .
Although mrs ck lost the plot last night and kids went up grandads to get away from her i dunno wtf and without being sexist she is at that age along with her mum dieing , her health issues , sons issues she just flipped last night

presta

Guru
There used to be a series on TV about this. People who'd had their houses on the market for ages went on the show, and a pundit showed them how to get it to sell. It usually involved tidying up clutter, getting rid of pet smells, rearranging the furniture, chucking out jaded carpets, a lick of paint etc. Some houses that had been on the market for years went within a few weeks.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

House going on market seen the bank etc so e know what we can borrow etc
TBH never liked it here and with Mrs CK struggling to walk up hill I think I need to bite the bullet

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Bit of an update
house for sale , just had an offer but had to refuse as they offered 88% of the asking price
on for 135 k they offered 120 k

Last edited:

sheddy

Legendary Member
Be patient, Rightmove say Boxing Day has huge number of punters searching.

PK99

Legendary Member
Our carpet fitter folded an extra length of carpet, the depth of one stair, under the top stair, so if the carpet on the steps do wear out you can pull it all down one, and the current verticals become the new horizontals.

Does that make any sense what so every, it's Friday afternoon and i'm tired.

It makes sense... but some stair carpets are made from off cuts from the rest of the house. Each riser and step is a separate piece kept in place by gripper strips

Globalti

Legendary Member
When the stair carpet was fitted the fitter should have left half a tread's worth folded under so that you could refit it with the worn bits on the risers. Or don't they think that far ahead nowadays?

Edit: oops just read the post above!

davidphilips

Veteran
Best of luck and hope every thing works out for you. Only advice i would offer would be to make sure and check out the neighbours with any house you intend to buy, also check out for any evidence of potential flooding or in a flood zone. no move is better than a bad move.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Well house we wanted had sold and still not had a decent offer yet ,if it all goes pear shaped might just see the bank about having a bit more on the mortgage to install a downstairs loo

Last edited:

davidphilips

Veteran
Well house we wanted had sold and still not had a decent offer yet ,if it all goes pear shaped might just see the bank about having a bit more on the mortgage to u stall a downstairs loo

Dont know the process but have known a few that have had grants given to them for a downstairs bedroom and bathroom know its a long drawn out process and you have to keep the house for at least a few years or pay back the grant but might be worth looking into?

Top Bottom