Replacement bottom bracket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iluv2cycle

Regular
Servicing bike. Can't seem to find replacement BB UN72 bottom bracket. Is there an alternative I can use

Attachments

• DSC_1808.JPG
    DSC_1808.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 95

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
UN55 or UN26 fit the same, if you are wanting to stick with shimano. Make sure you get the same shell width (probably 68mm) and axle length as the current one. This should be marked on your current bottom bracket (something like 68x119, for example)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Any other Shimano UNXX will do. Try and get one with the 'metal' non-drive side cup. All you need is the same axel and shell length.

OP
OP
I

Iluv2cycle

Regular
UN55 or UN26 fit the same, if you are wanting to stick with shimano. Make sure you get the same shell width (probably 68mm) and axle length as the current one. This should be marked on your current bottom bracket (something like 68x119, for example)

Has BC 1.37 68 on the steel

Has BC 1.37 68 on the steel cup side. Would that translate to 68 x 137. Also has LL 113 on other side

Attachments

• DSC_1809.JPG
    DSC_1809.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 71

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't forget the 'metal' lock cup versions. Just saves a whole load of messing down the line. I also find those ones last a bit better.

albal

Guru
Agreed with the metal v plastic. They are crap. Still square taper is my preferred option to external on my loaded tourer.

Top Bottom