Replacement for Mavic Open Pro C silver 36 hole rim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
The rim on my front wheel is wearing thin. I'm struggling to find a replacement rim (Mavic Open Pro C 622 36 hole) in silver.

Can anyone suggest something comparable to match the back wheel (that rim is fairly new)?

Or does anyone have a spare rim/wheel that they would be willing to sell me?

Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Give Spa a buzz and see what they suggest, if anyone can supply a silver 36h rim they will :smile:
https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m20b0s116p0/Wheel-Components/Rims

I managed last year to find what then appeared to be the last new silver 36h Open pro (sounds like a golf tournament :laugh:) rim in the country. At an obscure London shop. Sorry! Cost about £50 though :wacko: They’ve been discontinued it seems :sad:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I think the one you linked to is a T (tubular), the OP is wanting a C (clincher) rim.
good spot, they also have Open elites in stock which are visually similar to open pro's and appear to be clinchers, although is not very obvious from their website what is what, but the OP could reference to Mavic site

Ajax Bay

Guru

Ajax Bay

Guru
I have rebuilt a wheel with exactly one of those rims. Is shiny. Several rides, when heading east at sunset I kept looking behind thinking there's a car. But it's the last of the sun reflecting in my front Open Elite rim. You wouldn't get that with those black ones. :rolleyes:
Here's a Sport (Mavic rebranded that rim as 'Elite' about 4 years ago - is identical):
https://www.swinnertoncycles.co.uk/mavic-rims-mavic-open-sport-sr-36h-p23160

Last edited:

PK99

Legendary Member
The rim on my front wheel is wearing thin. I'm struggling to find a replacement rim (Mavic Open Pro C 622 36 hole) in silver.

Can anyone suggest something comparable to match the back wheel (that rim is fairly new)?

Or does anyone have a spare rim/wheel that they would be willing to sell me?

Thanks

I think I have a 36 spoke silver open pro built by harry Rowlands, changed it when I needed to change back wheel. Its in the garage at home and I'm in Cornwall.

I'll check at the weekend and come back. If it looks a plan, cost would be postage plus modest donation to my local hospice.

Top Bottom