Replacement fork for Boardman Hybrid Pro - what brand/type?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randommoose

Über Member
Hi,

The fork on my bicycle has broken and I need to replace it. However, I know pretty much nothing about forks so wondered if anyone could give any input about what I need to look for and suggestions of brands?

My broken fork (Boardman Hybrid Pro):
Carbon
Tapered steerer
Disc brakes
Satin/matt black and modern look.
Mudguard attachments

What I need:
Do I get carbon again? Or steel for more reliability?
Tapered steerer (or do the adaptors work well enough to get a straight?)
Disc brakes - I would want one that doesn't have the sticking out lugs for rim brakes
Something of a similar shape and preferably satin/matt black but it could be resprayed?
Mudguard attachments

I don't know the rake etc but could find that information by looking online. Are there any other things I need to consider? It will be used for road and paths for leisure riding.

Thanks,
Moose :smile:

QFour

Regular
The frame itself is alloy and if you just want a bike for roads and paths why not just fit alloy forks. I suppose you could also fit a MTB front fork. You need to find out the size of the steering tube and remove your old forks. Removal is very straight forward getting the bottom bearing off can be a bit of a pain but they usually leave you a little gap you can get a screwdriver in and then very gently ease it off or just buy a new one. You can reuse most parts but you may need some different fittings for the disc brake calliper. So pick yourself a front fork and go for it. Amazon sell them and if you happen to pick the wrong one you can always return it. Chain Reaction I have found to be good.

Top Bottom