Replacement front light (dynamo)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ldsau93

Evening. My front dynamo has given up the ghost. I'm not knowledgeable on these things - do all front lights have the same connectors? Pic enclosed of the dead one.
20190630_171810.jpg

Attachments

• 20190630_171833.jpg
    20190630_171833.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 15

andrew_s

Legendary Member
The standard dynamo light connectors are 2.8 mm spade terminals, which those look like (subject to being unable to judge the width of the terminals on a photo).
You should just be able to bolt on a replacement light and plug the existing cable in, provided it's in good order. The exception would be lights that come with a pre-installed cable on them, which are mostly at the more expensive end of the market.

albal

Guru
Just recently purchased sinewave beacon. Awesome piece of kit. Expensive - yes. Quality product. My two previous B+M front lights didn't last, hence forking out for a superior product.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
If you get another B&M light then the wires with current connectors will work. The SON front lights have a fixed wire , so you'd need to add new connectors on those for the Dynamo end.

In short Dynamo lights from different manufacturers do not have the same connectors.

U

User169

Just recently purchased sinewave beacon. Awesome piece of kit. Expensive - yes. Quality product. My two previous B+M front lights didn't last, hence forking out for a superior product.

Nice piece of kit, but the symmetrical beam isn't ideal for road riding and illegal in at least Germany (where I do a reasonable amount of riding).

Top Bottom