Replacement Road Brake Blocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Cheers for the heads up, just ordered one set to try them out on my new road bike. I've really noticed the shitness of rim brakes having moved from a hybrid with discs, so hopefully these bad boys will improve matters.

If you've got one set what's the advice, front or back?

only got one rim brake, so front it had to be.

scouserinlondon

Quick question on Koolstop - which way do you install them? I've put them in with the grub screw facing forward so the arrow on the pad is forward facing. Is this correct?

Worried I've put them in backwards......

martint235

Dog on a bike
Quick question on Koolstop - which way do you install them? I've put them in with the grub screw facing forward so the arrow on the pad is forward facing. Is this correct?

Worried I've put them in backwards......

Not sure what you've done. The arrow should point forwards ie in the direction of wheel rotation but the screw is at the rear of the block. Have you managed to put them in upside down?

scouserinlondon

Not sure what you've done. The arrow should point forwards ie in the direction of wheel rotation but the screw is at the rear of the block. Have you managed to put them in upside down?

I'm such a tit, I'd put them in backwards! All fixed now......

And they're amazingly better than the stock blocks which came with the bike!

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
if they are in calipers then the gap in the caliper shoe "holder", into which you feed the shoe, wants to be at the back. which I think means the grub screw is at the back too.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Some advice please what set up for a Roubaix std wheels and 105 brakes. The wet this week has made me bit nervy with my current std set up

martint235

Dog on a bike
Some advice please what set up for a Roubaix std wheels and 105 brakes. The wet this week has made me bit nervy with my current std set up

Still can't beat a Koolstop Salmon on the front and a Koolstop Black on the back in my opinion.

Top Bottom