Replacement seats for old model Streetmachine GT?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just out of curiosity, anyone know if there's a source to get a replacement seat for the old model Streetmachine?

When getting it ready for the road again I noticed that the GFRP brackets on the seat are considerably wider than the foxing points on the bike. We're talking cm or so which the qr bends in to clamp it at the seat angle on the frame. That can't be good surely? I doubt I'll get enough penny washers in there to fill it. I'm just worried there's long term stress to the area and whether the seat could fail on me. No sign of cracks but it's at the back of my mind.

I know HPV will be of no use. I checked with them on a few things when I got it and added to it. They basically didn't want anything to do with an older gt model or its owner even if it gets a parts sale. I also think the new design has a different seat set up.

I'm just curious because I've not found anywhere.

grldtnr

Just out of curiosity, anyone know if there's a source to get a replacement seat for the old model Streetmachine?

When getting it ready for the road again I noticed that the GFRP brackets on the seat are considerably wider than the foxing points on the bike. We're talking cm or so which the qr bends in to clamp it at the seat angle on the frame. That can't be good surely? I doubt I'll get enough penny washers in there to fill it. I'm just worried there's long term stress to the area and whether the seat could fail on me. No sign of cracks but it's at the back of my mind.

I know HPV will be of no use. I checked with them on a few things when I got it and added to it. They basically didn't want anything to do with an older gt model or its owner even if it gets a parts sale. I also think the new design has a different seat set up.

I'm just curious because I've not found anywhere.
Obviously ,first call D-tek hpv at Little Ely, if anyone has ,then Kevin he as!

grldtnr

Is he still running? I only ask because his ebay page was empty when I looked recently. Things looked quiet.
Its bee 18 months since I last had contact with Kevin, he pops on the cycle fora sometimes, but with this Lurgy going round perhaps he has stopped trading.
D-tek is notoriously difficult to contact, try Facebook or telephone is the best way.
Kevin of D- Tek are you still out there?

Tap three times .....yes I can hear you mother ...:angel:
...the answer to the original question is ....your missing spacers .
Not between your ears :wacko:......just the Street Machine seat mountings .
You really don't need to bother HP Velo when a little common sense will do .
Or call me to discuss .............Regards Kevin D.TEK :notworthy:

grldtnr

Tap three times .....yes I can hear you mother ...:angel:
...the answer to the original question is ....your missing spacers .
Not between your ears :wacko:......just the Street Machine seat mountings .
You really don't need to bother HP Velo when a little common sense will do .
Or call me to discuss .............Regards Kevin D.TEK :notworthy:
See told you..... Best send a Morse code message

Top Bottom