Replacement spoke for Fulcrum Racing 3 rear drive side 2011 wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FLYSPLAT

I've broken a spoke on my Fulcrum Racing 3 and am having difficulty finding a replacement or finding out exactly which spoke length I need.

The wheel has the black hub, thin blade spokes, the word Fulcrum is in black, Racing is in white.
The wheel is at my lbs so I can't just measure the spokes as he's closed till mid week.

Can anyone give me any guidance on spoke length, I think it might be 284mm but I'm not sure. Also does anyone know where I might get a spoke without having to buy a full kit.

Thanks.
Mark

PM your address I have a bag full of R3 spokes in "black"
Free to a good home ...:smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLYSPLAT

FLYSPLAT

Wow that was quick, I've been searching for 3 weeks

How do I send a PM, alternatively would you send me a PM and I can reply to that.

Thanks.

I've broken a spoke on my Fulcrum Racing 3 and am having difficulty finding a replacement or finding out exactly which spoke length I need.

The wheel has the black hub, thin blade spokes, the word Fulcrum is in black, Racing is in white.
The wheel is at my lbs so I can't just measure the spokes as he's closed till mid week.

Can anyone give me any guidance on spoke length, I think it might be 284mm but I'm not sure. Also does anyone know where I might get a spoke without having to buy a full kit.

Thanks.
Mark
Hi, Just reading your forum and have a wee question re the spokes. Just received a set of Racing 3 wheels this morn and have them set up. Really chuffed with them however on looking them over I am at a loss as to how, if ever needed, do you change a spoke. There seems to be no access for placing a nipple / spoke as it appears to be a sealed unit. Is there a way to do this if needed ?

Hi, Just reading your forum and have a wee question re the spokes. Just received a set of Racing 3 wheels this morn and have them set up. Really chuffed with them however on looking them over I am at a loss as to how, if ever needed, do you change a spoke. There seems to be no access for placing a nipple / spoke as it appears to be a sealed unit. Is there a way to do this if needed ?
You need a magnet to guide/follow the nipple around the rim .The nipple will be inserted where the valve of the inner tube goes through .. which is tricky to do on a first attempt !
LBS/ leave it to an expert :smile:

Last edited:

accountantpete

Brexiteer
BTW if you bust a Campy/Fulcrum rear wheel drive side spoke (straight bladed with round hub end version) then an alternative to buying a spoke kit is to get a Mavic front wheel spoke as you can get them individually and they are just as strong.

BTW if you bust a Campy/Fulcrum rear wheel drive side spoke (straight bladed with round hub end version) then an alternative to buying a spoke kit is to get a Mavic front wheel spoke as you can get them individually and they are just as strong.
But what about the length of the spoke and the size of the nipple (mavic)
to fit on the Fulcrum hub/rim

accountantpete

Brexiteer
But what about the length of the spoke and the size of the nipple (mavic)
to fit on the Fulcrum hub/rim

The length of the front Mavic spoke is around the same length as a rear drive side. You can get an exact match by checking the various lower end models and years.

I have Campag Zonda's with straight spokes and standard nipples and found some Aksiums which were perfect - I bust 7 after a derailleur accident a year ago and the price of kit replacements was as much as a new wheel. Instead I got the Aksium spokes for £8. The Ksyrium Equipe's also do a bladed spoke/standard nipple as well.

Mik3000

Thanks.
Mark
Evening. I've popped a spoke on my Fulcrum Racing 3 rear driveside. You wouldnt happen to have any left would you?

OP
OP
FLYSPLAT

FLYSPLAT

Mik3000

They took some finding but here's a link to the ones I bought.
https://www.slanecycles.com/fulcrum-racing-3-spoke-kit-201112-black-p-24998.html

Here's a link to 2013-17 white hub versions.
https://www.slanecycles.com/fulcrum...e-kit-for-20132017-consists-of-4-p-28072.html

These are kits with 4 spokes for front & rear. It looks like Fulcrum are now selling packs of 4x1 particular spoke rather than a mixed pack

I don't have any spares, sorry.
They took some finding but here's a link to the ones I bought.
https://www.slanecycles.com/fulcrum-racing-3-spoke-kit-201112-black-p-24998.html

Here's a link to 2013-17 white hub versions.
https://www.slanecycles.com/fulcrum...e-kit-for-20132017-consists-of-4-p-28072.html

These are kits with 4 spokes for front & rear. It looks like Fulcrum are now selling packs of 4x1 particular spoke rather than a mixed pack

I don't have any spares, sorry.
Thanks for the info. Really appreciated.

Top Bottom