replacing calories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wester

Guru
I now have my main meal in the middle of the day instead of late in the evening and the change in my fitness levels has been unbeliveble I now cycle home from work as fit as a greyhound .

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
View attachment 39194 Porridge is the answer to almost everything. It's blooming good for you in a whole lot of ways and it tastes wonderful (after a while). I discovered it about two years ago and it has transformed my life. 40 grams of porridge and 270 grams of semi-skimmed milk cooked in a big plastic bowl in the microwave on high for 3 mins. I don't add anything but others add the whole of The Vale of Evesham.
porridge is the only thing for breakfast! :biggrin: i love it
got to have linseed sprinkled on top and honey and a dollop homemade apple compote ! :biggrin:
Yes Ed you need to eat all 658 calories back otherwise your muscles will disappear ^_^

Are you underweight? If yes then eat more. If no, then carry on with what your doing.
Do you lack energy as a result of your 15 mile commute? If yes eat more. If no, then carry on with what your doing.

No need to overthink this.
fair enough just do what feels right then?
Cheers Ed

Doyleyburger

Veteran
View attachment 39194 Porridge is the answer to almost everything. It's blooming good for you in a whole lot of ways and it tastes wonderful (after a while). I discovered it about two years ago and it has transformed my life. 40 grams of porridge and 270 grams of semi-skimmed milk cooked in a big plastic bowl in the microwave on high for 3 mins. I don't add anything but others add the whole of The Vale of Evesham.
Total agreement here !
Just to throw something else in there......A pint of milk after a good ride/workout is great for muscle recovery. It's got everything you need in there.
On the subject of milkshakes, I tend to make my own.
Milk (pint)
Generous squirt or dollop of honey
Banana
And a little sugar
Blitz in a blender = DELICIOUS
saw it in cycling active magazine about 4 months back

uclown2002

Guru
Total agreement here !
Just to throw something else in there......A pint of milk after a good ride/workout is great for muscle recovery. It's got everything you need in there.
Milk (pint)
Banana
And a little sugar
Looks good although I don't have honey so may try it with golden syrup!

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Total agreement here !
Milk (pint)
Banana
And a little sugar
we get through milk whole sale as it is (5 person family) i think i might have to buy my own for this! does sound mighty nice though! :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

ayceejay

Guru
We had a 15 year old stay with us once and our ears became attuned to the fridge door opening under the cover of darkness as we lay in bed, it was a nightmare and there was never enough milk for the coffee in the morning no matter how much we bought.
Water is full of calories young Ed - trust me on this.

ayceejay

Guru
There is a joke in there somewhere, see if you can spot it before I feel compelled to explain.
A clue: paying for a 15 year old appetite is expensive.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
There is a joke in there somewhere, see if you can spot it before I feel compelled to explain.
A clue: paying for a 15 year old appetite is expensive.
i know i keep on telling my mum 'you shouldn't have had me, the amount of food i eat is costing too much!' i manage to finish most pans off and deprive the chickens of many scraps!
Cheers Ed

sheffgirl

J post: 2960435 said:
Make the best of this while you are young. I couldn't put weight on for love nor money and that stayed until I hit 30. Then it all went down hill fast.
I am the same at the moment, and I will be 30 in 2 months. I never stop eating, especially chocolate, I've even been lazy the last couple of weeks and not cycled everyday (I'm using the excuse of recovering from falling off lol), but I still lose weight. I need to put on about 5lbs :sad:

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
I am the same at the moment, and I will be 30 in 2 months. I never stop eating, especially chocolate, I've even been lazy the last couple of weeks and not cycled everyday (I'm using the excuse of recovering from falling off lol), but I still lose weight. I need to put on about 5lbs :sad:
don't worry you don't really really need to put on 5lb
i have a mate of my age who is going for military school selection and he has passed every test physically like height and strength etc but is so much uinder weight so he has 1 month i think it is to put on i forget how much weight!
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom