Replacing chain on White Industries Freewheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I run my Genesis Day One Disc (2013) with a White Industries freewheel and half link chain.

The chain is now at the end of its life, I assume, because the wheel is at the very extent of the dropout so I am looking for some advice.

1) Can I remove some links from the chain and just carry on? There is no slipping at the moment

2) The teeth on the sprocket are quite pointy so if I replace the chain will it slip over them? Will I have to replace the freewhell outer (the inner and springs and pawls are all in good condition)?

3) As (2) but for the chainring (which is newer than the sprocket and not nearly so worn).

4) Is the chain tool for a half-link chain the same tool as a "normal" chain? I looked at my current chain and the pins look fixed in, they look like rivets.

Finally, I love this White Industries freewheel; it has paid for itself several times over in terms of longevity over the Shimano ones I had before but I wondered what alternatives people might have had experience of that offer similar quality to the White Ind. ones.

OP
OP
MossCommuter
Shameless bump

@Yellow Saddle:shy:

Top Bottom