Replacing Jockey Wheels in rear Derailleur – do I need to use Locktite?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cool_hand

cool_hand

Über Member
But you did ask why it fell off
And if you'd read through the rest of the thread you would of seen that I'd confirmed why it had fallen off:
Update: have inspected the thread on the cage and it is damaged. I put the new bolt in and there is play in the thread when threaded in. Don't think there's a BODGE JOB™ that can fix this so I'll have to order new cage plates. Whilst I'm waiting for parts to arrive there are some other jobs I can do on the bike. School boy error – have leant my lesson.

Chislenko

Veteran
On the assumption the OP has ST-6700 STIs there is a wide range of RDs that would be fine.
Worth considering whether the next question will be: can I get a shorter low gear somehow. Answer: replace this semi-stripped one with a GS.

Chart Magic output: Here are the compatible parts in the selected category:
RD7900 - Shimano RD7900 Dura Ace Double 10-speed Rear Derailer - Full compatibility - [Chart] - [Shop Here] - [Note]
RD6700 - Shimano RD6700 Ultegra 10-speed Double Rear Derailer - Full compatibility - [Chart] - [Shop Here] - [Note]
RD6700A - Shimano RD6700A Ultegra 10-speed Rear Derailer - Full compatibility - [Chart] - [Shop Here] - [Note]
RD5700 - Shimano RD5700 105 Double 10-speed Rear Derailer - Full compatibility - [Chart] - [Shop Here] - [Note]
RD5701 - Shimano RD5701 105 Double 10-speed Rear Derailer - Full compatibility - [Chart] - [Shop Here] - [Note]
RD7800 - Shimano RD7800 Dura Ace Double 10-speed Rear Derailer - Full compatibility - [Chart] - [Shop Here]
RD5600 - Shimano RD5600 105 Double 10-speed Rear Derailer - Full compatibility - [Chart] - [Shop Here] - [Note]
RD6600 - Shimano RD6600 Ultegra 10-speed Double Rear Derailer - Full compatibility - [Chart] - [Shop Here] - [Note]
RD5703 - Shimano RD5703 105 Triple 10-speed Rear Derailer - Full compatibility - [Chart] - [Shop Here] - [Note]
RD4601 - Shimano RD4601 Tiagra Double 10-speed Rear Derailer - Full compatibility - [Chart] - [Shop Here] - [Note]
RDR35010 - Shimano RDR35010 10-speed Rear Derailer - Full compatibility - [Chart] - [Shop Here]
RD4603 - Shimano RD4603 Tiagra Triple 10-speed Rear Derailer - Full compatibility - [Chart] - [Shop Here] - [Note]

Fair play that is some amount of research. I couldn't be bothered doing that much if it was my bike!

OP
OP
cool_hand

cool_hand

Über Member
On the assumption the OP has ST-6700 STIs there is a wide range of RDs that would be fine.
Worth considering whether the next question will be: can I get a shorter low gear somehow. Answer: replace this semi-stripped one with a GS.
Shifters are 105 ST-5700. Previous owner upgraded the group-set to Ultegra 6700 -A but kept the original 105 shifters.
The cost of a new outer cage is around £13–£16 and as l already forked out on new jockey wheels and bolts I might as well finish the job!

Top Bottom