Replacing worn 10 speed 105 drivetrain?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Custom24

Über Member
In case you don't know (it's not clear from your op), in future, replace the chain when it shows wear on a chain checker tool (these are dead cheap). Read up on the recommended wear at which to replace the chain - opinion varies. And then replace the cassette after three chains.

In case you don't know (it's not clear from your op), in future, replace the chain when it shows wear on a chain checker tool (these are dead cheap). Read up on the recommended wear at which to replace the chain - opinion varies. And then replace the cassette after three chains.
Or just measure 12 links, less than 12 1/16 its ok between 12 1/16 and 12 1/8 replace more than 12 and 1/8 chances are you will need both chain and cassette.

OP
OP
EnPassant

EnPassant

Remember Remember some date in November Member
Nice to know my Sora groupset is merely 'serviceable'. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford a grown up 105 groupset.
Smack!....."oof"... reels from the blow.......Wham!....."argh"...as the secondary uppercut thuds home...and lays EP out cold.

Sorry, that is not what I intended, the bike has105, it's what it came with, I didn't then and don't now mean to denigrate sora tiagra or any other kit I'm sure it's better than I am.....
However, since I'm a clueless numpty in this area 'twas more about whether those parts would work with the existing stuff.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Smack!....."oof"... reels from the blow.......Wham!....."argh"...as the secondary uppercut thuds home...and lays EP out cold.

Sorry, that is not what I intended, the bike has105, it's what it came with, I didn't then and don't now mean to denigrate sora tiagra or any other kit I'm sure it's better than I am.....
However, since I'm a clueless numpty in this area 'twas more about whether those parts would work with the existing stuff.
Sorry, bad day at work ..... need to get out on the bike to blow away the pent up feelings! :bicycle:
I'm a bit of numpty as well, so far the advice from the venerable CC'ers has done me proud!

Top Bottom