replica kits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy stokes

Im new to cycling and have been looking at the replica kits on Ebay at a price of £32 from hong kong bib and brace shorts and short sleeve top with all the logo's on. Any body purchased these? and are they any good?

Big Nick

I think the problem arises if you want to return them

What Vickster said - I bought a set from China recently. (novelty rather than replica). The kit is well made and has survived a couple of medium rides and washes without any problems. The fit is slightly larger than the European fit. But - the pads aren't of the same quality. The pad in my kit is good for 30 miles but probably not for much more.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
These guys sell some pretty decent stuff on ebay. Good quality shorts. http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/paddyproducts?_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754

Martin speaks from experience as he has a pair of these from the shop
$(KGrHqNHJBEE8ewrvJE!BPJ9PIC!gQ~~60_35.JPG

Mark White

I've bought from the eBay seller "imestore" a couple of times and had good service and the product has been fine. The Lycra in the bib pants perished in about 6 months with an average of 3 washes per week, and the jersey is starting to lose its stretch after about 8 months. But last time I ordered they were offering free international postage and at only about 20 quid per item it seems like a decent deal to me.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'd be most worried about the ruddy pads. Also check the speeling on the kit.:tongue: Robabank etc etc.

wilkotom

I bought a couple last year when I was starting out, not from ebay but one of the generic Chinese websites. Definitely better than the stuff from Sports Direct that was competing in price, but nowhere near as good as any of the DHB kit or other name branded stuff I've subsequently bought from Wiggle and Sport Pursuit. Given I was only using it for the commute it was fine, but you can probably get loads better for not very much more money.

NorvernRob

The Ebay seller looksea123 has decent stuff, certainly the jerseys. I bought a jersey and my mate a couple of full kits, one of the zips was damaged so he contacted the seller who immediately sent out a complete replacement kit without question, so no need to worry about returns with him.

I bought a jersey from another Chinese seller and it was different material that started getting pulls in it straight away, so they're not all the same. I was suprised how good the stuff was from that looksea seller.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I have had loads of shirts from china , and they are fine , but you get what you pay for and they are not the same quality as you get for full price shirts over here

Top Bottom