Replica Nation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
..I really don't get it! What is the point of buying a Rapha jacket, when it's not a Rapha? Or a look-exactly-like-Bianchi jersey, only it is not? (Or hold a fake Mulberry handbag, or wear fake Prada jeans, or any fake not necessarily cycling related for that matter?) I kind of understand the Pro-Team jerseys -even when they are not paid to wear them- in the form of fans' support (as well as financial support up to a point), but then again, what is the point if they are replicas?
And more than anything else, what is this Pretend-Culture -where everything is about appearances and what matters most is the vitrine- saying about the wearer? :huh:

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Dunno.

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
what's the point in buying anything with a brand on it...probably the same point as buying a fake with the same brand.

Good old fashioned attention seeking.

Not exactly so. You are often looking to purchase the quality and/or the design that comes with a certain brand..

byegad

Legendary Member
I tend to agree, but only to a point. I have some very nice Paramo and Rohan clothes. I didn't buy them directly for the name, more for the quality and features those brands produce. However several 'Brands' are the buying equivalent of modern celebrities, famous for being famous, rather than famous for being good at/for something.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Cant beat Tesco jeans :smile:
yes you can.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?

Well,

0.jpg

for a start...

Top Bottom