Reply missing and toolbar non functioning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
@Darius_Jedburgh I tried CC on my Samsung phone and on the tablet, none wanted me to download an app.
Could you maybe uninstall the app, access CC just from the browser?
Pat, when the issues were happening I was getting a "download the app" icon at the bottom left hand side of my screen. It now appears to have disappeared, I think this is perhaps was DJ saw.

Edit. For more information this app icon only appeared when the post reply one disappeared!

Last edited:
Thank you @Darius_Jedburgh: this is the first time I know of an app for CC.
@Shaun could you enlighten us, please?
Can you solve @Darius_Jedburgh's issues with the app?
The first time I visited the site after this wonderful upgrade, the bulk of the screen was covered by an invitation to download the app. I think it said how much better the app would be!(Sounds like one of Boris's stories).
I deleted it and used the browser.
This screen appeared every time I used the browser so to stop being p****d about with geek messages I clicked on the button provided.
The app downloaded just like every other app does.
How the app appeared if the geeks have no knowledge of it raises lots of questions - not least about the competence of said geeks.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
How the app appeared if the geeks have no knowledge of it raises lots of questions - not least about the competence of said geeks
Sorry to disappoint you, I'm not an IT geek, neither is any of the mods team - it wasn't required on the job specs ^_^
Only @Shaun, the forum's owner, is an IT tech, he's got the answers, he will fix it.

so on my windows pc i can use smileys, :reading::reading::reading:, see.
On android no smileys, but
1643126351367.png
button is there all the time now.

It's not just pictures.
Just clicked on the link to Bernal's crash and couldn't get back to the thread.

Shaun

Founder
The upgrade brings initial support for using CC as a PWA (Progressive Web App) - which, for certain devices and browsers, allows members to use CC in an app-like window using a browser-based framework as the backbone.

If using the PWA isn't working well, you should be able to uninstall it (see details below) and continue using CC with your device's web browser.

I borrowed a Samsung S9 with Chrome to test it and it seemed to work okay. With regards to viewing images and visiting external links, I've taken some screenshots below to show what controls should be available - let me know if these are missing for you?

Installing as an App:

1644193776307.png

Which should put a shortcut on your device desktop:

1644193832999.png

When opening CC using the App icon it should look like this:

1644194126230.png

When viewing an image/attachment there should be some controls in the upper right corner - specifically an 'x' to close the overlay:

1644194202420.png

... and when visiting an external site link, there should be a short banner across the top of the page (appears when you scroll) with an 'x' to close and return to CC:

1644194323668.png

1644194412229.png

... and to remove the "App" you should be able to tap-and-hold the icon and uninstall it:

1644194497129.png

Top Bottom