Reporting mobile use while driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Close passes, fair enough, any kind of reckless driving that puts you in danger, also fair enough, some dick reporting you for being on the phone in stationary traffic is not on though. Some of you ****ers are just snitching for the sake of it these days and really need to get a life.

Is mobile use while driving something you're guilty of then?

GC

Close passes, fair enough, any kind of reckless driving that puts you in danger, also fair enough, some dick reporting you for being on the phone in stationary traffic is not on though. Some of you ****ers are just snitching for the sake of it these days and really need to get a life.

article-2415859-1BB1A1CD000005DC-462_306x423.jpg

Hope Fennell, a thirteen year old girl killed by a lorry driver texting while stationary who failed to notice her in front of his lorry when the lights changed:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-girlfriend-released-just-THREE-months.html

The driver, darren Foster, climbed back in his cab as the girl lay dying and tried to delete his texts:

article-2415859-1BB1A1D5000005DC-303_306x609.jpg

Colby

Texting and driving is bad I had some cyiciest report me and I would of denied it but cops did get me red handed he's again I just got my truck out of the impound and now its back in iv bin caught tomany times on my phone. Here's my truck sitting in parking lot eating to be towed to impound again but they did tell me the last time they would impound it and I choose to do it any way and I got reported and caught red handed so I'm fine with punishment I do kinda deserve it lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-16-19-18-33.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-16-19-18-33.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 36

Lemond

Dangerous cycling is as dangerous to other road users as dangerous driving? Really?
Then please explain how drivers kill hundreds yet cyclists kill less than 1 a year on average.

To claim that cycling without paying attention as as serious as driving without paying attention is idiotic, and laughable.

And we're clearly not all bound by the same rules: driving while using a mobile is illegal, cycling while using a mobile is not. Amongst others,

It's quite simple really: there are an awful lot more cars on the roads than bikes.

But regardless of this, the dangers are exactly the same: you can drive into a pedestrian and kill them, and you can cycle into a pedestrian and kill them.

And there's nothing remotely laughable about it.

Drago

Legendary Member
Texting and driving is bad I had some cyiciest report me and I would of denied it but cops did get me red handed he's again I just got my truck out of the impound and now its back in iv bin caught tomany times on my phone. Here's my truck sitting in parking lot eating to be towed to impound again but they did tell me the last time they would impound it and I choose to do it any way and I got reported and caught red handed so I'm fine with punishment I do kinda deserve it lol

Could you repeat that in English?

It's quite simple really: there are an awful lot more cars on the roads than bikes.

But regardless of this, the dangers are exactly the same: you can drive into a pedestrian and kill them, and you can cycle into a pedestrian and kill them.

The dangers are the same? Being hit by two tons of metal versus a fifteen stone human?

If you seriously think the dangers are the same you're dangerously deluded.

The danger of death versus the danger of death. They kinda seem the same to me.

Drivers kill two thousand people a year, cyclists kill on average half a person a year.

If you seriously think two thousand is the same as 0.5 then may I interest you in some magic beans?

Last edited by a moderator:

benb

Evidence based cyclist

I suggest you educate yourself on basic physics, particularly kinetic energy.

Even taking the difference in modal share into account, motorised vehicles are orders of magnitude more dangerous to pedestrians than cycles.

Top Bottom