Resale value?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've got a bike to sell & would like some advise off our very knowledgeable members as to its value, as I'm struggling. It's a PX RT80 carbon which was replaced under warranty. The frameset is brand new & never been ridden, as I bought a ti bike whilst waiting for the replacement & prefer that, but the components have been used for almost 2 summers.
I've had it up for sale on the bay & facebook, but very little serious response. The bike is fitted with SRAM force, which PX no longer offer :blush:
The frameset alone is listed at £449, or complete bike with SRAM rival is £1199, so what could I expect to receive for mine???? I don't really want to give it away, but can't see me riding it anytime soon either :wacko:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've got a bike to sell & would like some advise off our very knowledgeable members as to its value, as I'm struggling. It's a PX RT80 carbon which was replaced under warranty. The frameset is brand new & never been ridden, as I bought a ti bike whilst waiting for the replacement & prefer that, but the components have been used for almost 2 summers.
I've had it up for sale on the bay & facebook, but very little serious response. The bike is fitted with SRAM force, which PX no longer offer :blush:
The frameset alone is listed at £449, or complete bike with SRAM rival is £1199, so what could I expect to receive for mine???? I don't really want to give it away, but can't see me riding it anytime soon either :wacko:
Keep it for a rainy day.

Then watch it melt. :whistle: :becool:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I would say that you are priced slightly too high, but more importantly (don't get offended) your advert is terrible. You need far more photos and much better (and bigger) ones plus show closeups of the components and the frame to show how good they are. Can you change the stem for a shorter one and drop the seatpost a bit, just for the photos? Change from '2 summers' to 'xxxx dry miles'. Offer viewing of the bike. Add detailed spec of the bike. Give frame measurements and suggest suitable heights - people may think that this is a 6'6" plus persons bike.

However, don't forget this is a big bike, the market is small and so you may have to patient.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Cheers folk. 1 more shift then 2 weeks off, so I'll get some more pics & try a lower price. Hard to say how many miles I've done with the components, as I don't keep records of what miles on what bike, but I'll try & estimate it.
Re the saddle height, it's probably too high for me, I've not touched it since it was delivered last December :blush:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I would have said around £500. If its only been used for two summers its a bit of a bargain. The size might militate against you but as Milkfloat says you might have to wait for the right punter.

Top Bottom