resting heart rate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
just noticed that they've got 'em in Lidl for £12.99 with a chest strap. Trouble is its a bit big but I'm tempted cos at least I can see the readout. I thought cycling was just about turning the pedals and looking at the view before I found cyclechat. I thought cunnilingus was an airline too:biggrin: Not sure my HR has reached 205 yet.. not knowingly anyway...

Fiona N

Veteran
Bobg you'll be much better off with a HRM with a chest strap than the wrist version. I had one of these years ago and it was consistency completely inaccurate over about 100bpm compared to the Polar HRM I bought when I got fed up of it not working. If yours was the same sort of system as mine - it was an optical system working on the blood flow in the finger tip and could be affected by the firmness with which you pressed on the sensor. So I'm not at all surprised that you get a max HR around 120bpm.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Fiona N said:
Bobg you'll be much better off with a HRM with a chest strap than the wrist version. I had one of these years ago and it was consistency completely inaccurate over about 100bpm compared to the Polar HRM I bought when I got fed up of it not working. If yours was the same sort of system as mine - it was an optical system working on the blood flow in the finger tip and could be affected by the firmness with which you pressed on the sensor. So I'm not at all surprised that you get a max HR around 120bpm.

Thanks very much Fiona, thats VERY helpful!! I got it up to 135 today:biggrin::biggrin: which purely for the sake of research involved sticking the bike in crazy gear and standing on the pedals for about 1/2 hour. I was in the "about to die mode" by the end.

Top Bottom