Results Day - A Levels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Spotted something here. Both I and DCLane have said 'study' - we both work in Uni's. No-one calls it 'read' these days. Only 'old fogies' call it read :giggle:

Even I, a right old fogey, find "read" in this context old fashioned. I associate it with Oxbridge and maybe University Challenge.

"Oh, he read Greats at Flimbim". You are assumed to know that Flimbim is actually a college at Oxford/Cambridge, and that it's spelled Funglingspoons. And WTF is Greats?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Even I, a right old fogey, find "read" in this context old fashioned. I associate it with Oxbridge and maybe University Challenge.

"Oh, he read Greats at Flimbim". You are assumed to know that Flimbim is actually a college at Oxford/Cambridge, and that it's spelled Funglingspoons. And WTF is Greats?

I'm an old 'fogey' too ! :laugh:

geocycle

Legendary Member

Hey, I ran a module on Grates and urban water runoff!

Top Bottom