Resuscitation - update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Janeyb

Just copied this over from the other thread as realised that no-one would probably see it there.

Just wanted to say that Ken's widow, Chris, phoned me last night. It was a bit of a shock but I am so glad she called. She wanted to express her gratitude to John and I for stopping and helping. She said that we tried so hard to help him and it was such a comfort to her. We talked for ages and she has our address as she wants to keep in touch. She is lovely and it's remarkable how well she sounds considering what she's been through this past week. One note of comfort. There was a post mortem conducted and she was informed that Ken had a massive heart attack and his left ventricle just completely stopped. She was told that he died in her arms in the car, before any of us even tried to resuscitate him and there was nothing anyone could have done for him. I can at least now stop going over it in my head and wondering if we could have done more. We stood no hope of reviving him.

Anyway......I just want to say again......thank you guys for your support. You've been amazing. I know the events of last Sunday will stay with me forever but her call has made such a difference.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
That's good to hear for all concerned (aside from the obvious tragic loss of Ken). Glad you're feeling better about it.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
It looks like you have made a friend from a tragic event.

You did a courageous and selfless thing in going to their aid and you did the very best you could do in the circumstances.

I salute you. *raises mug of tea* ;)

gbb

Legendary Member
Fantastic (if thats the right word) Janey. I'm glad you and she have made contact, and i hope you will both gain some solace from it.

Mine sadly didnt end quite so easily.
The wife of the guy i tried to save worked in the same factory. The first time she came back to work, maybe a couple of months later...i tried to make eye contact (she's Polish...a lovey person, always smiling, but she only winks...cant speak much English at all)...and her eyes fell to the floor. She couldnt look at me.

It fairly devastated me...i felt so bad, i didnt know whether she blamed me, i didnt know whether she wasnt ready to even deal with everyday life...i just didnt know. That hurts so bad, you just cant begin to explain.

Happily, about a year later she winked at me. My heart sang :biggrin: No more embarrassed looks, no more avoiding eye contact.

We exchange occasional words, we wink and smile...but we've never spoken about that day.

postman

Legendary Member
Had an incident many years ago.My wife already lived in our house before we got married.But it was trapped in a time warp.So slowly we had to rewire,new gasfires,new surrounds ,kitchen extention and decorate right through.Well there was a lot of mess and noise but none after 6-00pm in the evening.Then i startred on the back garden.And that was the final straw for my elderly neighbour.She stopped me working in the garden one afternoon and gave me a real ear bashing about noise and dust.I began to explain and say sorry.But she would not listen.She then collapsed in front of me i caught her as her knees buckled.I called my wife to grt an ambulance.But by the time it arrived she was well past being saved.She had got so worked up she had a heart attack.I had to explain to the police what had happened.She was jewish and this happened on a friday afternoon.Her brother would not identify her body till later.Because of his religious beliefs.Her two sisters thanked me for staying with her.For i did not have the guts to tell them the truth.I said she had just passed away infront of me whilst sharing our intrest in gardening.

Dave5N

Über Member
You did the right thing.

Top Bottom