Retching 1st thing most mornings. Any clues ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I awake and feel OK.
Get up, start moving around and quickly feel sick (you know that horrible feeling).
Sometimes eg this morning I just made it to the sink.
Without being too graphic, its full blown retching but all that comes up is clear phlegm type stuff.
When that has finished I am OK.
Very strange.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sounds like a job for...

... NHS Doctor (Wo)Man! :whistle:

johnnyb47

Guru
Good Morning Dave,
I've just read your post and it got me thinking to the point of replying.
Without turning this post into about "me" I have also been suffering from the same.
I get up in the morning and feel fine, but soon after I'm retching for no apparent reason. This has been a regular occurrence now for over a year.
About 3 months back I had a medical, upon which my Blood Pressure was through the roof. It scared me a bit in all honesty as I thought I was quite fit considering all the miles I put in on the bike.
Anyway long story short I've been put on Blood Pressure tablets, and I've tackled to get my general life style to a more healthy one in order get my BP in check. Eating more healthy and more food's that are supposed to lower BP and I've given up vaping.
After a couple of weeks off the Vape my retching has all but gone.
I don't know whether you vape/smoke or not ,or whether you have high BP but for me just tackling these problems seems to have helped me.
Sorry if I've turned your thread into about me but I thought I would share my experiences of what we've both been suffering from.
This may help or not but all the best Dave

Sharky

Guru
My daughter has been like that for years. She was diagnosed with a "hiatus hernia" in 2012 and was prescribled lanzoprazole, is now on esomeprazole. Although symptons may be simiar, only the GP will give an accurate diagnosis for yourself.

If it does turn out to be similar, would be interested in your views on how effective any medication is for yourself. Our daughter is mostly non-verbal, so cannot describe how she feels.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
An entirely natural and rational reaction to the shameful state of humanity..?

Cyclical vomiting syndrome possibly as it’s at the same time every day and follows a consistent pattern?

My son has it and once he has been sick he is fine and dandy.

Top Bottom