Retul bike fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris432626

Finally got a bike fit today. Was it any good? Time will tell, the fitter heightened my saddle and moved it back 15mm. To be honest I think he knew this within 2 minutes of seeing me sit on the saddle, and the retul confirmed his suspicions.

D

Deleted member 22722

Please tell me he made more adjustments than that. These things cost over £100 dont they?

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, I paid £150. However, if no more adjustments need to be made, then they won't be

Mine included saddle being moved - up a lot, fore/aft, levelled out. Stem was flipped. Bar angle adjusted. Cleats were adjusted

You get a full print out of measurements that can be used for other bikes too

It's not something to do just on a whim really, I did due to various ails and injuries and having a new bike

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I am considering a basic fit ( maybe with x mas cash ) to see if i am in the ball park after all this time , cadence sport do a fit but your looking at the best part of £200 including foot beds and they did no respond when i contacted them about a fit without them .
There is a shop in derby that does a fit that might be ok for £90

vickster

Legendary Member
@cyberknight mine was done by Cadence for £150 for the 2.5 hour Retul fit. I booked online but phoned to check they were ok to do it given I am undergoing intense physio

I am considering a basic fit ( maybe with x mas cash ) to see if i am in the ball park after all this time , cadence sport do a fit but your looking at the best part of £200 including foot beds and they did no respond when i contacted them about a fit without them .
There is a shop in derby that does a fit that might be ok for £90
If its any good to you its £180 in Market Deeping, South Lincolnshire http://www.corecyclingsolutions.com/retul-bike-fit/

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
@cyberknight mine was done by Cadence for £150 for the 2.5 hour Retul fit. I booked online but phoned to check they were ok to do it given I am undergoing intense physio
Interesting , website says £185.

was thinking of this as i have a bit of knee / calf pain
is £150 in my area
also looking at a new bike and wanted to be sure of frame size before buying etc
is expensive and wondering if a normal fit would do hmmmm

OP
OP
Chris432626

Chris432626

Every frame is a different geometry so I doubt you could have a "fit" done and transfer it. If you're thinking of getting a new bike, the bike shop should do a fit for you.
Of course it may not be the bike! Cleat placement etc could also be a factor.

Top Bottom