Return to Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulBrown

Hi everyone, I've just returned to cycling after a short break of 45 years (I'm 59 btw). How things have changed! I've bought a Boardman Sport and loving it. I'm only up to 15 miles or so, but I think the distance will build. I did a 13 mile flat route in an hour the other day which I was pleased about. Then I tried a bit of a hill yesterday and it nearly killed me! Anyway, looking forward to chatting and getting advice from everyone.

Heigue'r

Veteran
Welcome...sounds like your doing just fine..the miles will come with the more you put in

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Welcome aboard. A good few of us on here came back to cycling after a long lay off. Keep up the riding and the fitness will come in time.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Welcome. Good bikes for the cash them Boardmans. My bro in law has a MX sport. I bought a 2014 Pro FS MTB last year for peanuts brand new (£1k). Its a lot of bike for that money.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome. :welcome:. Well done on the mileage you have been doing, but don't overdo it. Take your time, enjoy, have fun. Don't try to do too much to quickly. :bicycle:

videoman

Guru
Hi and welcome,
Keep at it and it only gets easier so they say!

I started cycling yet again more seriously four months ago and now ride with a local club and have just completed a 490 mile ten day tour in Northern France. I'm a mere youngster though at 57.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Hello and welcome. Sounds like you have made a great start to your journey back to cycling. As had already been said, its all about the miles. Just get out there and enjoy yourself. As for the hills, you will start to embrace them, although if you are like me then you will never love them !

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Welcome back to cycling.
I returned to it just over 5 years ago. I'm still no quicker than I was back then and the hills are no easier, but I can go further making my rides longer meaning more time on the bike. That's the bit I like!

woodbutcher

Veteran
All these responses are what is so great about cycle chat, a bit of banter, lots of good advice a huge fund of lifetimes experience and knowledge and all freely given ! Welcome:smile:

Top Bottom