Return to riding just for the pleasure of it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
I had to go out on my utility bike on a errand of mercy to help out a family member who lives about 12 miles away. As I normally only use this bike for a dash to town in the rain or a trip to the tip to get rid of some garbage, I have no computer fitted to this bike. When I got the call for help, I was in the middle of a cable overhaul on my good bike, so out came my ute. Off I rode on my mission of mercy. There was nothing to tell me how fast/slow I was going, nothing giving me a cadence reading, no clock to race against and the knowledge that nothing I did was going to screw up my averages. WOT A PLEASURE. I rode simply to get from A to B and then B to A again. The outward journey was of course, under pressure of time, but I had no clock staring me in the face to show me the time ticking away, and the return journey was simply to get home. It was possibly the most enjoyable ride i've had this year. I think it helped that the sun was shinning, but i'm seriously thinking of slinging my computer and just enjoying the rides, going back to the way it all started.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
surely thats what riding should be about

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
If I'm that interested I check it out on Google maps. Also useful for seeing where I got lost, and where I could deviate next time.
For Audax events and planned trips I generally use gps, but don't bother to reset distance.
A friend of mine has a detailed spreadsheet of every mile she's ever ridden.

Top Bottom