1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Return to the 80s

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by red_tom, 15 May 2008.

1. red_tom

red_tom New Member

Snickers are becoming Marathons again, Starburst are going back to being Opal Fruits, stagflation is looming and there's a loony Tory in charge (of London anyhow :evil:). Where will it all end?

I blame Ashes to Ashes.

2. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

We lost the Ashes to Aussies:biggrin:

3. Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat New Member

Well, according to the Thatcherites, the 80's were a paradise on Earth were they not? So absolutely nothing to woory about.

4. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

OK by me. As long as I don't have to wear the cothes and listen to "Vienna" or "Gold" on the pub jukebox every five minutes.:evil:

5. Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig Vice President in Exile

I never stopped calling them Marathons. Snickers seemed a bit too American to me.

6. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Oh gee, you Brits call them Marathons? That's so quaint!

7. Maz

Maz Guru

Bring back Marathon? Too right! Folk of yesteryear fought for this country to do so.

As my old grandad used to say "I didn't fight in 2 World Wars admittedly just so that we lose our chocolate bars!"

8. walker

walker New Member

quality, can't wait

9. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Wish all the choccy bars were the same size as they were in the 70s and 80s! They seemed to shrink, and become more expensive in the 90s.

10. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Yeah - when Wagon Wheels used to be the size of wagon wheels - not Dinky car wheels :smile:

11. Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat New Member

Dayvo, your hands grew.

12. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

Good...I still like Big hair metal

13. col

col Veteran

They were werent they,and im not sure when the change occured,but milky ways went white and too sweet for me,i used to love them,dont like em now,nearest thing to what they were like is a flyte,but cant seem to find them lately?

14. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

In factr the ad had a boy/girl cowboy couple sitting on a gate looking at a Waggon Wheel and saying "This thing's bigger than both of us" (not literally true of course, but....)

15. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Can you still buy old mans baccy? Used to love that. And those little 1/2p Mojos, mmmm...