Return to the 80s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
red_tom said:
Snickers are becoming Marathons again, Sunburust are going back to being Opel Fruits, stagflation is looming and there's a loony Tory in charge (of London anyhow :evil:). Where will it all end?

I blame Ashes to Ashes.

We lost the Ashes to Aussies:biggrin:

Maz

Guru
Bring back Marathon? Too right! Folk of yesteryear fought for this country to do so.

As my old grandad used to say "I didn't fight in 2 World Wars admittedly just so that we lose our chocolate bars!"

Dayvo said:
Wish all the choccy bars were the same size as they were in the 70s and 80s! They seemed to shrink, and become more expensive in the 90s.

Dayvo, your hands grew.

col

Legendary Member
Uncle Mort said:
Yeah - when Wagon Wheels used to be the size of wagon wheels - not Dinky car wheels :smile:

They were werent they,and im not sure when the change occured,but milky ways went white and too sweet for me,i used to love them,dont like em now,nearest thing to what they were like is a flyte,but cant seem to find them lately?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Uncle Mort said:
Yeah - when Wagon Wheels used to be the size of wagon wheels - not Dinky car wheels :smile:
In factr the ad had a boy/girl cowboy couple sitting on a gate looking at a Waggon Wheel and saying "This thing's bigger than both of us" (not literally true of course, but....)

Maz

Guru
Can you still get Blue Riband?

Remember that ad with the bloke strumming the guitar at the dinner table?

"I've got those, can't get enough of those blue riband blues,
Blue ribands the milk chocolate wafer biscuit i always choose
when my woman treats me right, she gets me blue riband crispy and light,
I've got those, can't get enough of those....oh! Thank you!"

(I've just wasted 2 minutes typing all that in...)

Top Bottom