Return to the 80s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Disgruntled Goat said:
Well, according to the Thatcherites, the 80's were a paradise on Earth were they not? So absolutely nothing to woory about.

The 80s were not paradise on earth by any means, but it was a necessary change to rid us of the scourge that was the likes of Scargill and eventually muppets like kinnock......

My family left the country cos they felt it was going to be a difficult change, look like we could be in for more of the same now, cos we're going to have to do something to tackle chavvery, and it could be messy......

zimzum42

Legendary Member
And I want them to bring back the Spira chocolate bar!!!!!

Maz

Guru
Which ad was those 2 kids singing "I've got 5 pence, what can I get with 5 pence?"

p.s. I don't know the answer, btw.

ChrisKH

Guru
Rhythm Thief said:
A nice glass of Um Bongo and an afternoon in front of the telly playing "Frogger" on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum.;)

Nah, sixpence bought two packets of Love Hearts or a pack of Shaggy Baccy (some sort of Pirate themed sweet that looked like tobacco) whilst I watched "Time Tunnel".

Oh, sorry, wrong decade (late 60's, early seventies). You lot must be spring chickens.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
red_tom said:
A can of Quatro... ...Magic. ;)

We had one of those in the vending machine at work recently - I thought it'd gone the way of the dinosaurs!

On the downside, if we revert to the 80s, I'll not get served in pubs anymore. :biggrin:

justAl

chocalate bars are not the only things that seem to have shrunk since the 80's. Oh well, that's life !!

beancounter

alecstilleyedye said:
am i the only one who only remembers the audi quattro as either white or navy blue? never seen a red one 'till ashes to ashes.

Navy blue quattro's, you're avin a larf.

They were almost all red.

bc

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
red_tom said:
Snickers are becoming Marathons again, Starburst are going back to being Opal Fruits, stagflation is looming and there's a loony Tory in charge (of London anyhow ;)). Where will it all end?

I blame Ashes to Ashes.

Great, my hairline will move forward again. I can get out the black dye, the crimpers and sit in the dark listening to The Sisters and Bauhaus.

Hmmm...... Wheres my copy of 'Floodland'...

got-to-get-fit

right here's my two'penneth

Club biscuits ....the chocolate on them used to be thicker than Boris Johnson

Curly Wurlys ...used to be massive...you could actually sword fight with them

Atomic Thunderbusters...blew yer head off

Rice paper ...1/2 p a sheet total waste of time but made your pocket money go further.

Poppin candy...put it in your mouth and feel your head explode.

Cola cubes dont taste the same any more

Gold rush chewing gum...in a little fabric bag ..wonderfully senseless

Black Bart chewing gum... black and messy when stuck to your mums sofa

White dog poo....only around in the 70's and early 80's

Top Bottom