Returned to the Office

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We keep having positives at various sites so it seems to keep nudging people that they need to look after number 1 if in the office. After a year I struggle to find something that really really needs me regularly in the office! ( also saves me commute petrol!)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well it's now you hear colleagues and their families haven't been so lucky. Colleague opposite, her FIL caught it April 2020, from either a single supermarket visit or dropping his wife at hospital for an appointment. Died within 10 days. They then caught covid (via school) in December 2020 :sad:

She'd also not brought a screen home or bought one, so has done 18 months on her laptop. :wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Supposed to be having a face to face catch up with my boss in a bit, but he's decided to WFH for 10 days as he was sat with his boss for an hour last week, said boss has tested positive.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm back in today for a 'visit' prior to being in one day a week from Monday. It's a bit wierd, having worked from home for over 18 months

Lots of clearing old documents ready for a new academic year, with real-life students.

Alex321

Veteran
We were told yesterday that they would like us all to go in for 2 days a week from the first full week in October.

I've been in twice so far, and was already booked to go in next Friday.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Been back three days a week since June. Social distancing measures in place, we’ve to produce evidence of a -ve LF test twice weekly and less than 24 hrs before first attendance in the week.
All working well for me. Enjoying the mix of home and office working (and seeing 3 dimensional people, of course).
Mind you, public transport in London is a hazard with the c.40% of selfish individuals for whom mask wearing is beneath them (despite the rules). When I went down with COVID last month, that is the only possible location I could have picked it up from.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
In light of the new restrictions just announced…….who will be returning to working from home???

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I was the only one in - during the last lookdown

Mixed feelings about repeating that :wacko::headshake:

Slick

Guru
Not me.

Never worked first time round and mist of it was kid ology the second time round. I was the only one rattling round a building that had over 200 people in it and I just don't fancy going through that again.

I’m waiting to see what my workplace does but expect the office will be formally closed again unless you have a genuine issue with working from home such as unsafe/ mental health etc.

I’d just started to do one day a week in the office to see people as I am a lone wolf in my role with no reportees as a 1 man team, plus I operate outside of everyone else within finance in my role (tax affairs) so don’t really
interact with the wider team too much. I’m expecting that to be k-boshed as the company is really cautious in its approach.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I left the office on March 16th 2020 and am yet to return, but the rules in wales have always been to continue to work from home.

i have had a lot of people ask when im coming back or even if im coming back…..my answer so far has been i wont be returning

Top Bottom