Returning a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soup890

Crazy
Has anyone on here ever returned a bike to the bike shop where they have bought it from due to a fault or something?

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Yes, and I have taken bikes back because I simply don't like the riding experience
it's not been a problem either.

I have had issues addressed and bikes swapped.

Mr Haematocrit

Word of advice do not buy specialized sirrus !!!

I own one which was purchased for my father who is in his 70's and IMHO its a great bike for him.
Not my kind of bike personally but its been a great bike for his needs.
This was one of the bikes I actually swapped out, I wanted to get my father on a S-Works Roubaix but he could not get on with it, so we swapped it out for a sirrus and got some cash back.

If your having issues with a bike have you contacted specialized UK themselves if your not getting the support or service you require from the bike shop, they are really helpful from my experience.

Sounds like there is more to this thread than meets the eye... From your opinion what's wrong with the sirrus?

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I own one which was purchased for my father who is in his 70's and IMHO its a great bike for him.
Not my kind of bike personally but its been a great bike for his needs.
This was one of the bikes I actually swapped out, I wanted to get my father on a S-Works Roubaix but he could not get on with it, so we swapped it out for a sirrus and got some cash back.

If your having issues with a bike have you contacted specialized UK themselves if your not getting the support or service you require from the bike shop, they are really helpful from my experience.

Sounds like there is more to this thread than meets the eye... From your opinion what's wrong with the sirrus?
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/wh...-have-ever-bought-and-be-honest.148576/page-3

Mr Haematocrit

Ahh I see... Would not expect the cassette to rust in the time frame stated unless the bike has been left outside and not maintained. I would advise the poster to contact specialized they are usually really good at addressing issues.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ahh I see... Would not expect the cassette to rust in the time frame stated unless the bike has been left outside and not maintained. I would advise the poster to contact specialized they are usually really good at addressing issues.
See post #59 too!

OP
OP
S

Soup890

Crazy
Yea that's not good, let's hope the LBS sort it.
It's times like this that a retailer gets a customer for life, or someone who shops elsewhere.. Let's hope they go above and beyond
Thank you I will let you know how it goes

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I returned a faulty genesis day 01 after nearly 6 months of use. The brakes were bloody shocking and damn right dangerous. I had previously asked the shop to fix it on several occasions but they were unable to do so, as such, asked for a refund under the sales of goods act for the full amount.

OP
OP
S

Soup890

Crazy
I returned a faulty genesis day 01 after nearly 6 months of use. The brakes were bloody shocking and damn right dangerous. I had previously asked the shop to fix it on several occasions but they were unable to do so, as such, asked for a refund under the sales of goods act for the full amount.
Thanks it's worth a shot. By the way your a hero seen your videos on YouTube

Reactions: gaz
Has anyone on here ever returned a bike to the bike shop where they have bought it from due to a fault or something?

Yes, several times. All of those times were for the same bike, at the same shop....Halfords. It was a Carrera Valor and the rear wheel kept playing up. Took it back at least twice for repairs. On the 3rd time I took it back I demanded a refund for the bike due to the recurring fault. I had to fight for my refund but I did eventually get it in the end. Spent my refund on another bike elsewhere.

Leodis

Veteran
Returned a Kaffenback 2 to Planet X, after a couple of off's I lost confidence in drops commuting and the rear wheel also had a flat spot when I received it, they where good about it. Went back to flats and SPD's with hydro discs, now wish I had a winter hack and commuter with drops lol cant win.

MarkF

Guru
Never, but I wish I'd returned my Sirrus. I've had 2 so thought my experiences were not coincidental, they were disgraceful.

Top Bottom